• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Brazos River

txpacer

SPONSOR
Iowa Park, TX
A lot of Super Cubbers (and some Super Cruisers) aren't getting their Brazos fix since Steve stopped holding his annual maintenance seminar, so I put together a video of some of our favorite Sunday morning bars. Not as scenic as what some of you get to fly to, but it's good training and a lot of fun.

No music, I don't want to get it blocked.

https://youtu.be/N-5mhmEU_Yw

How fitting. Razor River? Hehehe......maybe you could score a paid ad spot with Manscaping. Wait, never mind:p

Next time, how about more drone footage, maybe a jet boat and your Eastern European girlfriend!

Looks good. You make it look easy.

Landed at the bridge one time and there was a fridge in the middle. Someone threw off the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naming conventions for the Brazos bars:

Some are named for whatever creek feeds in there

Some are named for the wildlife seen there

Others are named for an "event" that occurred there. For example, I hit an unseen sand berm and broke the gear on my Pacer (on GY 26s, not Bushwheels) on what is now Pacer bar. Others can chime in on their own tales of woe.

Many with no names are very low water bars that disappear quickly when it rains.

Naming conventions for the Brazos bars:

Some are named for whatever creek feeds in there

Some are named for the wildlife seen there

Others are named for an "event" that occurred there. For example, I hit an unseen sand berm and broke the gear on my Pacer (on GY 26s, not Bushwheels) on what is now Pacer bar. Others can chime in on their own tales of woe.

Many with no names are very low water bars that disappear quickly when it rains.

So there is a wingtiplight bar?

So there is a wingtiplight bar?

Several but to common so you have to be creative like "Tree Branch Grab". ;)
Screenshot_20201030-123340.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201030-123340.jpg
    Screenshot_20201030-123340.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 255
Pic was a split second before he smoked that tree.

IMG_4732.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_4732.jpg
    IMG_4732.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 377
Anyone flying the brazos this weekend?

Yesterday was a great day....hit up 2 of my usual ranch stops and flew down the river.

I had no idea there were that many of them. Steve should put flags on Google Maps.
There are way more than on the video just depends on water level and what the river did to it during the last high water event. It is ever changing which keeps it interesting.

I am from Tennessee, I know what real trees look like. I also know what little trees can do to an airplane. ;)

Attachments

• PXL_20201030_225425178.jpg
    PXL_20201030_225425178.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 223
Anyone flying the brazos this weekend?

Yesterday was a great day....hit up 2 of my usual ranch stops and flew down the river.

Every Sunday morning, call on fingers. At least 3 for tomorrow, some of the Dactur boys are coming over. I went last night and probably head out in a bit.

I missed this on Sunday......I did meet up with one of the Decatur boys today and did some gravel bar work!! Looking forward to meeting the others IMG_5077.jpg
IMG_5076.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5076.jpg
    IMG_5076.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_5077.jpg
    IMG_5077.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 229
Back