• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Cub

fishingh

Whiteshell Manitoba
Well, I'm new here, and figured id introduce myself, I just recently sold my Cessna 172 XP, fantastic plane, but didn't have a float kit from factory and the cost to install one plus floats wasn't realistically feasible. Plus, does anything perform better then cub?

Anyways, here's the cub I have put an offer in, I'm doing the pre purchase inspection in a couple days.

1967 PA 18
900TTSN (yes you're reading that correctly)
Overhauled in 2015 200 SMOH, and recovered in 2017
Edo 2000 floats, Aero 2000 skis, and stock wheels

Welcome to the best Website on the internet!! and Congrats on the the new air machine!! Looks like beaut..!!

I don’t know, just looking at the pictures I think you should definitely not buy that Cub - and immediately send me the contact information for the seller! Seriously, looks like a real nice airplane and getting floats and skis in the package is awesome. Have fun.

Good looking Cub...

We just picked up a derelict XP that has been sitting at one of the local airfields for the last 13 years.. plan is to get it airworthy again and probably sell it..

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know, just looking at the pictures I think you should definitely not buy that Cub - and immediately send me the contact information for the seller! Seriously, looks like a real nice airplane and getting floats and skis in the package is awesome. Have fun.

wasn’t listed anywhere, and has been in Manitoba most of its life, seller bought a 180 a few years ago and hasn’t really flown it much since the , didn’t want to see it go to the us so his only reason for selling was that it was staying local.

Good looking Cub...

We just picked up a derelict XP that has been sitting at one of the local airfields for the last 13 years.. plan is to get it airworthy again and probably sell it..

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i loved it, it really was a fantastic performing plane, I had a stol kit, wing extensions, and the 210hp isham, useful load of 1100lbs, 120kt cruise at 8.5gph, light it’s off the ground in less then 300 feet pretty easily, and a stall speed of around 32kts. I’d love to be able to keep it as a commuter.

Hey! Where have I seen that paint scheme before! 8)

767019e72796eae716dd3b46.jpg

Last edited:
Haha that’s mint, my grey goes over top of the red, not red overtop of grey, lol, I’m looking for info on that transparent lower door, got any info on it?

Same guy must have painted both of them?
A local guy named Bruce Heiner redid a lot of airplanes,
unfortunately he was killed in a crash several years ago.
You could always spot a Heiner airplane because they all seemed to have the same paint job.
Trim was usually the same color as those two cubs.

You could always spot a Heiner airplane because they all seemed to have the same paint job.

I think this one was done here locally in Manitoba, it was done in 2017.

The top of the bottom door has to fit into the slot of the top door (look at how yours works) The glass is a bit thicker than the fabric so make sure it is a tight fit to the frame and taper the outside edge with a file a bit so it slips into the slot. Go play with yours it should make sense.
DENNY

The top of the bottom door has to fit into the slot of the top door (look at how yours works) The glass is a bit thicker than the fabric so make sure it is a tight fit to the frame and taper the outside edge with a file a bit so it slips into the slot. Go play with yours it should make sense.
DENNY

Heading out there tomorrow night, will take a look at it, this will be a project for next spring, as its been 15 below here the last few nights, going to keep all the warmth I can for this winter.

Wow, that is NICE! However, get a good set of seatbelts (not anchored to the seat) and shoulder harness anchored overhead for both seats. After that enjoy! SWEET airplane!

Kurt

Wow, that is NICE! However, get a good set of seatbelts (not anchored to the seat) and shoulder harness anchored overhead for both seats. After that enjoy! SWEET airplane!

Kurt

was just researching shoulder harnesses to get, was going to make a post about them, seems like a few different options.

The shoulder harness that comes up over the seat back will break your back in impact. Stay away from those.

Kurt

Bruce's colors were a maroon and grey color. I've seen a few pics of a 12 on here that looks like one of his. Back in the great lakes area if memory serves. Bruce was a great friend of mine!! Helped me build both my shops! I have the PA-14 now that he owned when he died!

Any easy way to find anything here is to google "the subject site:supercub.org" you will find tons of info and don't be afraid to post in that thread and reviving it for others. Helps keep info on any given subject together and easier to find later. Welcome, you will love the Super Cub.

Is there a step I can get for the gear? refuelling is going to be real difficult with the current set up where a ladder isn't available, is removing the gear fabric and welding in a bar 3/4 up to stand on a bad idea?

Untitled by Hayden Martin, on Flickr

Atlee Dodge has long steps and fueling steps that clamp on. I haven't seen many Cubs with covered gear so I have no advice for slicing the fabric to install the clamps.

Back