• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New member!

-AV8R-

Connecticut
Hey everyone! After 14 years owning a Cherokee 180, I decided to shake things up a bit and get my tailwheel. Did my endorsement in a Husky, and although I found it challenging, I’ve flown a lot of aircraft types and knew I could enjoy this type of flying for a long long time. So, I sold the cherokee 180 and picked up a Legend Super Cub! Spent another 5 straight hours flying patterns, (the neighbors probably weren’t too pleased) and am ready for wherever my new baby wants to take me! IMG_5097.JPGIMG_5094.JPGIMG_5110.JPGIMG_5111.JPGIMG_5062.JPG

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_5097.JPG
    IMG_5097.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_5094.JPG
    IMG_5094.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_5110.JPG
    IMG_5110.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_5111.JPG
    IMG_5111.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_5062.JPG
    IMG_5062.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
She's a beauty! Tell us about yourself...
Not much to tell really. Was a long time armed security officer for some nuclear power plants and decided to change careers. A life long aviation fanatic, and wanted to be a pilot since I was a little kid, so I went for that. Bought a Cherokee 180 and used it to get my PPL, then did Private, Instrument, and commercial in Helicopters, and was just starting CFI and life had changed quite a bit. Now with Two kids (both with autism), and daycare costing us about $30K a year, my wife and I made the decision to have a full time parent at home.. Her career was far more lucrative, so I had to put mine "on hold". (no more helicopter career for me...) Luckily, She still lets me fly for fun. As I said, after 14 years owning the Cherokee 180, I was looking for a little change so we got rid of the Cherokee and picked up something a little more fun! Currently own this cub and an Evolution trikes Revolt, which I may end up selling. The weather where I live, and my schedule with the kids doesn't lend itself well to a whole lot of Trike flying, but I can fly the cub in any conditions I could have flown the Cherokee...

Back