• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Titan XP 340

Bucrepus

Has anyone purchased a TItan XP engine through Paramotor and had it shipped to the US?Screenshot_20201004-083001.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201004-083001.png
    Screenshot_20201004-083001.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 474
Yes, just ran across this site. Wondering if this is a scam. The old saying, seems to good to be true, than most likely it isn't true.

I sell Marine Outboard Engines as a day job and we have seen similar overseas offerings on the engines we sell here in the US for three times the cost. Unfortunitly in our industry at least they are the same product, but for many reasons such as, liability, advertising, warrenty, and admistrational costs they are sold well below what we pay here. One item of note is with our products the items have no warrenty here in the US which makes them usually unattractive to the US market as we all love our warrenties. If I was looking for a Titan 340 I would have to make some calls as its very attractive.

I thought it odd that several engines were listed at $11K. I don't care what the exchange rate is there's no way they can sell an authentic Titan motor for that. If their currency is cheap against the dollar they'd have paid a crapton to Continental to buy the parts.

This from: http://www.continental.aero/titan/experimental-kit-engines.aspx
Prices start at $28,100.00.

And this:
http://www.paramotoraviation.com/products.php?product=Titan-O%252d340-Aircraft-Engine
The claim is new for $11,000.

Did a batch of these fall off the truck??? Or?????
Either Continental buys these from Indonesia and then marks them up to USA prices, or something is fishy. Either way something is fishy.

They also have an O-200D for $11,000. http://www.paramotoraviation.com/pr...ental-O%2d200%2dD-Lightweight-Aircraft-Engine

Reply to email sent

on there website they have a email address, check and see if they will ship to the U. S.

Sent them an email just having fun with this, here is the reply.

Hello Mr Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry in our products

We offer the price for the request item ready in stock as below :

Titan O-340 Aircraft Engine
Price : US$11000

Please send us your complete shipping address so we can calculate for the shipping cost

Recipients Name :
Address :
City :
Zip code :
State :
Phone :

Waiting for your reply soon

Respectfully,
Ristianto Prayoga (Sales Manager)

Paramotor Aviation
Jl. Imam Bonjol No. 152
Batam Kep.Riau 29444
Indonesia
Ph : +62 896 6868 4360

There’s some info on the internet regarding others looking into products from this company. Consensus is a definite scam. Wire transfer required before shipping, etc.

to start with, what a guy should do is call continental titan and see if paramotor aviation is a good dealer over there. chinese own continental dont they? now days you never know. bucrepus just tell them you want to pick it up in the usa.

It's a known scam site in the paragliding forums. These sites are popping up everywhere. I saw one selling "closeout" mountain bikes the other day. The only problem was they used photos from well known bike shops in the US. Another one was selling ammo at pre-Obama prices. Actually not a bad idea as you only need one sucker to wire you $11K. That probably goes a long way in Indonesia.

guys, watch the vehicle extended warranty ones, there also out strong now, and facebook marketplace where im at is at least half vehicle scams, all looking for a down payment.

If you were really interested, you could set it up the purchase with an escrow company. If they don't agree to that (with you covering the escrow costs), then it is likely a scam.

sj

guys, watch the vehicle extended warranty ones, there also out strong now, and facebook marketplace where im at is at least half vehicle scams, all looking for a down payment.

Got one of those calls the other day, the lady came on and asked me what year and make of car I wanted the warranty on. I told her it was a 1919 Model T..... She told me ok, and wanted to start taking my info.....

Back