• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Beringer ALG vs. Acme Aero for FX3

Would your oopsie have been different with different gear?
I just realized that this question was probably directed at me.....No is the answer. If you try hard enough and have enough leverage you can break the horn off an anvil. The side loading at impact of the far side of the ditch caused the AOSS to break at the can then folding the 3” extended gear in half pushing the bushwheel into the lift struts. Nothing at fault other than me.
Flying from manicured grass strip to manicured grass strip would have solved this gear failure. That’s not the main mission of my cub

I haven’t watched the video but I already knew the answer. I appreciated your comments and respect how you owned the accident. Cheers!

Thank you Steve - very kind of you to ask. I am loving it, about 80 hours on the hobbs, 60 of which I've put on it. As I've been out of flying for 20 years it's been slow going getting back into things and believe it or not learning to go SLOW. In A-10's throttles were max or near max all of the time, this is a different kind of low and slow taking some getting used to. The FX-3 does "fast" well which is a nice feeling but I have to learn the opposite end of it for backcountry work. I enjoyed the 27 hour journey across the US last October in it from OR to VA. All is well, and thank you for asking.

Thank you Steve - very kind of you to ask. I am loving it, about 80 hours on the hobbs, 60 of which I've put on it. As I've been out of flying for 20 years it's been slow going getting back into things and believe it or not learning to go SLOW. In A-10's throttles were max or near max all of the time, this is a different kind of low and slow taking some getting used to. The FX-3 does "fast" well which is a nice feeling but I have to learn the opposite end of it for backcountry work. I enjoyed the 27 hour journey across the US last October in it from OR to VA. All is well, and thank you for asking.
I have a good friend here who flies Hawkers and Gulfstreams who just bought an FX3 2 weeks ago. He is having more fun learning it and loves the performance. It was funny cause I ran across your video last night and put two and two together.

Where in VA? I pcs’d to Norfolk area last winter

Back