• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

HDHP: Flying the Ozarks - The Heartlands Best Kept Secret is Out

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
flyozarks.png

Very few people are aware of the incredible flying and recreational opportunites in Northwest Arkansas. Come along for an introduction to the area you should be visiting!

If you have registered for other HDHP presentations, you are already registered and can join up with the meeting details you received.

To watch this program on YouTube Live:
https://youtu.be/jv1uYxofhhg

To register and join on Zoom, go here: https://bit.ly/2XBRxsp

We know everybody is not awake or can attend at this time so all presentations are recorded and saved on YouTube for future viewing with the link above.

Check out ALL the HDHP Presentations here! click me

YouTube Playlist of All the Past HDHP: https://bit.ly/2USHs8l

Attachments

• flyozarks.png
    flyozarks.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,995
Last edited:
Folks! The YouTube live stream did not work (it worked this afternoon, just not this evening!). I will be putting up the recorded version on youtube in the next few days.

my apologies!

sj

Steve, any issues with the C130s? The five times I went to Little Rock for C130 school we flew low levels up in those parts back in the day. Loved flying down the river canyon in the Herk.

Jake

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Steve, any issues with the C130s? The five times I went to Little Rock for C130 school we flew low levels up in those parts back in the day. Loved flying down the river canyon in the Herk.

Jake

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org
I’ve seen one up close, Caution wake turbulence takes on a new meaning in a valley. :oops:

Last edited:
Hey folks, here is the video on how to import the airstrips into Foreflight

The Google Earth link exports to a .kml file, which a lot of other flight planning programs can import. That is for the profoundly uncool, non-Foreflight capable Android users, like me.

The Google Earth link exports to a .kml file, which a lot of other flight planning programs can import. That is for the profoundly uncool, non-Foreflight capable Android users, like me.

Thanks, Tony! You are "profoundly cool" in my book!

sj

I think there was a mention in the video of developing an app version of the Airfield Guide. I think that would be great, especially if it was a stand-alone, downloadable version that did not need an active internet connection. Leaving out the videos, and maybe photos, should make the file size manageable.

Of course, there would have to be an Android version.

When i click on "Share Filtered List with other Apps" I get this. Grayed out foreflight list. Safari on Ipad.

5B77F9BB-2536-4B2B-A0F4-B16EF29F3317.jpeg

Attachments

• 5B77F9BB-2536-4B2B-A0F4-B16EF29F3317.jpeg
    5B77F9BB-2536-4B2B-A0F4-B16EF29F3317.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 138
Did you try clicking one anyway? They do appear a little grey. Also, make sure there are airports in your filtered list - i.e. by region, etc.

You will need to have Foreflight installed on that device also.

sj

Are you sure you selected a "filter" first (like choosing a region)?

Hello there!

Eddie, I sent you a PM. Could you please send me a note with the iOS version on your iPad?

It's a little tricky trying to pick up whether the page is running on an iOS device or not. I've changed that code to try to do a better job. See if you are shown the active links to download to ForeFlight after a page refresh. If not, I can always just leave the links active all the time regardless of platform.

Thanks,

Chip

No longer grayed out but this is what I get.

1868D687-FE0A-4D9B-8002-FA4B7EA99288.jpeg

Hello there!

Eddie, I sent you a PM. Could you please send me a note with the iOS version on your iPad?

It's a little tricky trying to pick up whether the page is running on an iOS device or not. I've changed that code to try to do a better job. See if you are shown the active links to download to ForeFlight after a page refresh. If not, I can always just leave the links active all the time regardless of platform.

Thanks,

Chip

Attachments

• 1868D687-FE0A-4D9B-8002-FA4B7EA99288.jpeg
    1868D687-FE0A-4D9B-8002-FA4B7EA99288.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 131
The user waypoints locked up Foreflight three times. Detailed Map Layer worked.

Eddie, I had that happen when I tried to do too many at once - like all of them. When I just did a smaller group it worked OK - might be a different issue.

sj

Yes my Foreflight locked up with importing user waypoints too. I just closed it and reopened it, and it was alright. Great video Steve, thanks. I noticed the user waypoints were a bit much (clutter) when I added them in so I went back and deleted them individually (via more, custom content). Contrary to the tutorial; on my Ipad with Foreflight I can go direct with with the "detailed map layer" and the waypoints are therefore redundant. I think, unless I am mistaken, which happens a lot.
Anyway good fun stuff for the steam gauge generation to see the magic and incorporate it into flying unknown geographical areas that were previously challenging to avoid busting airspace.
Steve; this stuff is a good subject for some Wednesday videos. Maybe do Foreflight one week, and do one of the other popular systems tutorials for a week or two after that. I do quite a bit with Foreflight on occasions but I would really enjoy learning some more of these tricks from the gurus.
Thanks again.

You are correct about being able to go direct to. I'll need to fix the video, the issue is, in the flight plan you just get coordinates not identifiers, so it can be a little confusing.

sj

Thanks for posting the video. Adding to our list of places to go. Really like the idea of having something to keep our kids entertained at these unique destinations.

Tim

Back