• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Landing Strips near Clarksville and Cristiana Tennessee

Drew S

Hey, everyone. New guy here. My wife and I live in Clarksville Tennessee and we just had our first grandbaby born, near Cristiana Tennessee. Wife is a pilot and I am an A&P.We are looking for an excuse to buy or build a new Cub (our third), so we can avoid the 2 hours of horrible driving through the Nashville metro area and instead fly down to see that precious baby.Anyone know of private/club landing strips near Clarksville and near Cristiana/Murfreesboro? The aircraft would live near Clarksville, of course, and would only stay near Cristiana for the day and possibly the occasional overnight.Thanks!

If you go to airnav.com and search for Clarksville, TN and Murfreesboro, TN you will see thee are several small airports in both areas. I'd suggest calling the owner/manager and asking for permission to land there.

Yep. I've already located some of the strips nearby. Just was wondering if anyone on this forum was familiar with them.

Puckett Gliderport is open to the public. Busy with gliders sometimes.

I'm in Murfreesboro and have friends at Shelbyville and Lewisburg. Active general aviation groups at all of those along with all the services. Look me up when you get nearby.

I will. Working an overseas contract right now, but will be back in November and will be interested in talking cubs with someone local.

Puckett is a fun spot on the weekends. If you get bored take the 30 minute flight and come visit us at AL99 anytime.

Finding a hanger within 100 miles of Clarksville will be tough.
Plenty of strips though.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Back