• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cordell Ranch fly-in

1934A

SPONSOR
SE Montana
Weather permitting, we're hosting an informal fly-in/burger burn/bs session Sunday, Oct. 4 for anyone that's interested. We're located on the MT/SD border, 6 miles south of Camp Crook, SD. We're SD33 on the sectional. We'll do some flying around the area that morning, then be back at the hanger for burgers around noon. If anybody wants to come Saturday and camp camp or sunday night and leave Monday morning, you're more than welcome. Hope a few of you can make it!

As of now, the weather's looking good for Sunday.
Mid sixties, light winds. Hope a few of you can make it!

As of now, the weather's looking good for Sunday.
Mid sixties, light winds. Hope a few of you can make it!

Well, as of now, a few of the aarp cowboys are planning on attending, but as Dave Roberts can attest we are a fickle bunch and just getting out of bed may be our major accomplishment for the day !!

Well, as of now, a few of the aarp cowboys are planning on attending, but as Dave Roberts can attest we are a fickle bunch and just getting out of bed may be our major accomplishment for the day !!

We'll be sure to have a cooler of cold Ensure in case you guys make it!

Thanks to everybody that was able to make it, I thought we had a great turnout! It was great to finally meet a few of you! We're already making plans for next year.... Stay tuned...

Thankyou Ryan, Tawny, Kimber and crew for hosting a great fly-in. I'd post a picture or two, but I didn't take any---too busy yakking with all the great folks that showed up! My immediate concern is how to get one of those "aarp Cowboy" jackets that were so prominent at the event. YAHOO!

Weather permitting, we're hosting an informal fly-in/burger burn/bs session Sunday, Oct. 4 for anyone that's interested. We're located on the MT/SD border, 6 miles south of Camp Crook, SD. We're SD33 on the sectional. We'll do some flying around the area that morning, then be back at the hanger for burgers around noon. If anybody wants to come Saturday and camp camp or sunday night and leave Monday morning, you're more than welcome. Hope a few of you can make it!

I enjoyed your flyin and I'm looking forward to next year. It was a pleasant day.

Ryan and all;;
Thanks for the hospitality. Great wx for a flyin and nice meeting everyone. Nice to get back in that country. ( I spent quite a few years flying all the country just west of that dashed line.)

My immediate concern is how to get one of those "aarp Cowboy" jackets that were so prominent at the event. YAHOO!

Well if it takes you as long as it took me to get one you'll probably have gray hair by the time it arrives !! 8)

I'll get my wife to get some pictures posted, she has a few hundred, so she oughta have a couple good ones...

Thank you Ryan, Tawny and crew for hosting a great fly inn. Sure enjoyed meeting everyone and the western hospitality!

A few pictures...

IMG_9621.JPGIMG_9656.JPGIMG_9708.JPGIMG_9690.JPGIMG_9762.JPGIMG_7712.png

Attachments

• IMG_9542.JPG
    IMG_9542.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_9522.JPG
    IMG_9522.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_9563.JPG
    IMG_9563.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_9621.JPG
    IMG_9621.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_9656.JPG
    IMG_9656.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_9708.JPG
    IMG_9708.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_9690.JPG
    IMG_9690.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_9762.JPG
    IMG_9762.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_7712.png
    IMG_7712.png
    531.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Had a good time Ryan. Mabe you can get them aarp fellas to tell you about the trip back home. The movie wild hogs comes to mind.... haha!

Don't let Jesse kid you. We weren't that lost. Just enjoying new scenery. What we could see of it with all the smoke that rolled in on the way home. Besides, I can't help it if they moved the Rosebud Buttes!!

Last edited:
Ha! I suppose all that brown between here and there makes it hard for a guy to keep his bearings, doesn't it?....;-)

We're shooting for October 3rd for our fly-in here at the ranch if the weather cooperates. It'll be pretty much the same sort of deal that we've done in the past, except that we have a catering rig coming to do the lunch. We'll have coffee, cinnaman rolls, donuts, etc, in the morning, lunch will be smoked brisket sandwiches, salads, etc... We had a great turnout last year, I hope a few of you can make it back this year! Details on our specific location and runway conditions are in the top post.

It's a week out, and the forecast is looking perfect, so if you're needing somewhere to fly next weekend, drop in!

Back