• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Auxiliary Fuel

jagunson

Anyone here have or are familiar with the "Alaska Skycraft" fuel/belly pod for a Cessna 180? How is it plumbed into the main fuel system? I'm looking to put a Turtlepac bladder in a Cessna Cargo Pod. NZ-Australia and back.
Thanks.

Have a word with 'BritishCubBloke' (member here) - he/his son have done your intended trip in a 185 - NZ to Oz recently non stop!
Frank

Anyone here have or are familiar with the "Alaska Skycraft" fuel/belly pod for a Cessna 180? How is it plumbed into the main fuel system? I'm looking to put a Turtlepac bladder in a Cessna Cargo Pod. NZ-Australia and back.
Thanks.

The Skycraft pod has an electric pump that mounts under the floor, under the right front seat. It draws fuel from the pod and pumps it into the fuel line that routes from the right tank going forward to the selector. The factory fuel line is cut and a tee is installed. The fuel line from the pump connects to this tee.

Web

Have a word with 'BritishCubBloke' (member here) - he/his son have done your intended trip in a 185 - NZ to Oz recently non stop!
Frank

Yes. I spoke to the Guy that was going to fly it back for them. They went through the air vents, back over the top of the wing and into the fuel cap plate. I thought there would be other options.

The Skycraft pod has an electric pump that mounts under the floor, under the right front seat. It draws fuel from the pod and pumps it into the fuel line that routes from the right tank going forward to the selector. The factory fuel line is cut and a tee is installed. The fuel line from the pump connects to this tee.

Web

Yes that is the same for the Javelin baggage compartment tanks and also the Flint tip tanks are plumbed that way apparently. That's what i will do.'
Thank you.

Back