• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Fire Stoppers

Got a few today. Amazing how small and light these are. Got the $6 rubber mount, too. A firefighter friend says these are the real deal. This little one has a 50 second duration. Way better than a 2# Halon bottle. I hope I never need it!

Attachments

• 04A10956-577A-4D19-BDEC-ED2D63D718A7.jpeg
    04A10956-577A-4D19-BDEC-ED2D63D718A7.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 140
Got a few today. Amazing how small and light these are. Got the $6 rubber mount, too. A firefighter friend says these are the real deal. This little one has a 50 second duration. Way better than a 2# Halon bottle. I hope I never need it!

Very interesting!!! Might have to get a few. Can never have too many fire extinguishers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

I watched the attached video of the guy putting out bowl of “high octane” gasoline, (does high octane gas burn any more vigorously than low octane? I don’t think so, sounds good though but that’s when the skeptic in me started to emerge). Extinguishing a bowl of gas doesn’t really represent real life situation.

It would be nice to play around with them a bit prior to actually needing one, the little buggers are one use and not cheap.
I wish they would do a better job with their marketing video - guy in a flame suit on fire, car on fire, kitchen on fire, airplane on fire :-(..

Last edited:
High octane is actually less flammable, that's why you get pre-ignition if you try to run low octane in a high compression engine.

I've extinguished 2 fires in my own plane. The second one took every drop of a 2# Halon bottle and that wasn't enough. Fortunately a neighbor saved the day. The 50 second duration is very appealing to me. I'm sure there are times this extinguisher wouldn't be the best choice but in my two fires it would have worked as well or better than Halon. I'm going with that.

Back