• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Engine mount overhauler

silflexer

Looking for someone who has had recent experience sending their engine mount out for inspection/overhaul. No I do not want a new mount. Atlee vs Loree air vs your recommendations?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Wag aero did a great job with mine.

Whoops, just noticed the thread..

Atlee took good care of my C180 mount.

I have taken two engine mounts to Atlee and have been very happy with the results!!!! HOWEVER, you have to tell us where you live so we know who you should pick!!!!! Shipping stuff around the world can cost a bit.
DENNY

I am in colorado- shipping to atlee is easy because I can counter to counter by using airline cargo. Really just more worried about a quality look at the thing before ai put it back on. I already stripped and dye penned it with no defects found but it is original and I know that the exhaust has been beating it up for 60 years

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Aerospace Welding (AWI) bought Kosceola (sp?) a few years ago.
I bought some exhaust stuff from AWI (they have a PMA) and was very satisfied.
When I get the engine mount from my C180 overhauled when I have to do the engine,
I'm likely gonna send it to AWI.
BTW they're in Minnesota.

AWI was not excited about helping me, they were more interested in selling me a new mount. Their prices were also double atlee and Loree

Sent a ring for a Wright 975 to Kosola maybe twenty years ago. When it came back all the oval parts were bent back ten to twenty degrees as if the plane had gone vertically into the ground! Was able to stop payment on my check ($550). Never heard another peep out of them, as if they knew they were trying to defraud me. Glad to hear they are gone.

Sent a ring for a Wright 975 to Kosola maybe twenty years ago. When it came back all the oval parts were bent back ten to twenty degrees as if the plane had gone vertically into the ground! Was able to stop payment on my check ($550). Never heard another peep out of them, as if they knew they were trying to defraud me. Glad to hear they are gone.

They were bought by AWI
There must be another good engine mount repair source? AWI does a poor job with exhausts. I certainly after these reports, would not send them an engine mount.

I spoke with both Loree and Atlee, both very helpful and knowledgeable. Some differences in inspection methods and lead times, but both responsive and reasonable.

I spoke with both Loree and Atlee, both very helpful and knowledgeable. Some differences in inspection methods and lead times, but both responsive and reasonable.

Atlee died years ago, you probable talked to steve crakee?

Seaplanes West /Acorn Welding in Edmonton does both mounts & exhausts.
Their engine mount for the 185 does not tilt down like the Cessna original. Their exhaust systems do not fit properly and are prone to cracking. They do make a good muffler for seaplanes, though be careful when following the instructions for cutting the heat shroud. Their dimensions are wrong. Other than that..........

Safe bet is to send it to Atlee. They did my 180 engine mount a few years ago. It came back in perfect condition and reasonably priced.

Back