• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Fuel pods suit Widebody PA18 Super Cub

Looking for information on availability or details of suitable fuel pods to suit a Javron Widebody PA18. If any one has suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Yes, “any” normal (certified) pod would fit using longer straps. However, the edges of the “normal” pod would be pressed up against just fabric, rather than being pressed up against the longerons.

I'm not so sure it would fit. The left side has a pretty big filler extension that comes right up next to the fuselage. You would have to offset the pod I think and that might not work very well. Furthermore (if on floats) there is no way the wires would fit. They are quite close tolerance with little wiggle room.

IMG_5078.jpeg
You can see the filler line here. The wide body fuselage does taper pretty quick back to "normal" widths so I may be wrong. It would really depend on the taper and where the pod sits relative to that. Bottom line....I don't know....but this is something to consider.

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_5078.jpeg
    IMG_5078.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 536
Back