• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Kentmore Harbor STC O320 Conversion.

Steve Cook

I am struggling with the cabin heat air box on my PA-12 conversion to the O320. Does anyone have input that is specific to the correct location of the pass through in the firewall? That information is not specified on the STC indicating it is not changed from the original. My firewall and boot cowl are not original. Nor is my cabin heat airbox which was not mounted on the firewall as it was on a stock PA-12 with the Lycoming O235. If anyone has a part number for the correct cabin heat airbox that will be helpful as well. Even more helpful would be photos of the completed installation.

Happy Landings,
Steve

The Atlee Dodge cabin heat box is compact and we'll made. It's worth considering. FWIW it's what I have on my -12.

I am struggling with the cabin heat air box on my PA-12 conversion to the O320. Does anyone have input that is specific to the correct location of the pass through in the firewall? That information is not specified on the STC indicating it is not changed from the original. My firewall and boot cowl are not original. Nor is my cabin heat airbox which was not mounted on the firewall as it was on a stock PA-12 with the Lycoming O235. If anyone has a part number for the correct cabin heat airbox that will be helpful as well. Even more helpful would be photos of the completed installation.

Happy Landings,
Steve

What exhaust are you installing? I started with a basket case project and confronted the same problem. I installed the Sutton exhaust and the problem went away. With the muffler forward it opens a lot of real estate for that little box.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back