• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Maine Make a Wish flyby

Scouter

SPONSOR
Exeter Maine
Last year our jolly group here in the Northeast raised nearly $12000 donation to Maine Make a Wish. An excellent effort put forth by a lot of folks from all over, New England, New .York to Florida This year Make a Wish advised us to keep a low profile, and try again next summer, which I respected and we didnt have anything last weekend.
The 12K we donated was used to help install a swimming pool for a young man who lives close On Saturday August 15 I have been asked to join the celebration and dedication of Isaias new pool, with a flyover of aircraft. they would like us overhead at 11;45 on Saturday Aug 15.
I would like to stage the flyover at Pittsfield 2b7. If you would like to participate, Please be at Pittsfield by 11 am, we depart for his home at 1130. A safety and fly over planning meeting at 11 at pittsfield is mandatory
After we fly over, lets plan to head to Bellfast on the coast to get a lobster at Youngs lobster pound. I will see if I can get transportation to town, its an 8 minute ride.
If any one wants to stay over, camping at my airstrip. The hangar has bathroom and shower. Drinks and lies around the campfire in the evening
The more the merrier, hope to see you there, let me know if you can attend

Jim

Last edited:
Jim,

Good on you!

Make a Wish is such a great organization, I flew to South Dakota for a the weekend to help with a sweet corn sale and golf tournament my friends coordinate to both pay back the wish their grand daughter was granted (a really cool play house) and then forward with the kids organizing putting the tournament together to help others. These Kids with a little adult help raised enough (15,000 and counting) to fund two wishes plus and yes I brought a little sweet corn home, hard to imagine what 500 fresh picked ears looks like in the back of a 180.

Kirby

Last edited:
Kirby
Like most folks I was aware of Make a wish, but to be honest didnt pay too much attention. 3 years ago I was invited to land on a beach in southern Maine as part of a fundraiser for Maine make a wish. It was a real eye opener for me, I met some really nice people, and in particular a young man who had been to Florida on his wish. I let him sit in my cub, and his mom started to cry,,Then I had a bit of trouble seeing, he only had a couple three weeks left to live. I wanted to give him a ride around the beach but the &&^%$# FAA guy who was there wouldnt allow it. It really sunk in on the way home, here was a way to mees with planes we all love, and do some good in the world as well. I made a time with his mom to give him a spin, but by then he was gone.
Unlike a lot of charities, Make a wish salary to donation ratio is pretty good, and they are super folks

jim

Jim,

I think I am in for August 15th. I will double check with the boss to make sure we do not have prior commitments, but right now that weekend sound available to me.

Larry.

awesome Larry. I found out today the local news channel will be there. I suppose we will have to behave

jim

Jim,

I think I am in for August 15th. I will double check with the boss to make sure we do not have prior commitments, but right now that weekend sound available to me.

Larry.

Just a suggestion: coordinate with your friendly ASI, and remember, ADS-B data is a permanent record, so beware of altitude restrictions.

I know, killjoy. We had two violations in one week in the Stearman - different pilots. Beach is a big temptation.

Just a suggestion: coordinate with your friendly ASI, and remember, ADS-B data is a permanent record, so beware of altitude restrictions.

I know, killjoy. We had two violations in one week in the Stearman - different pilots. Beach is a big temptation.

Bob, you need to come out East and fly with us, it will change your life

Glenn

Bob, you need to come out East and fly with us, it will change your life

Glenn

Yeah, what's this ADS-B thingy people keep talking about? Heck, I just run flightradar24 if I need to see who else is putting a good deal of faith in winged things that might run into me.

As luck would have it (and mine has sure been selective this summer) I'm away on the 15th. But I'll check out the color of that pool later...

JP

Bump to the top. Come on up to Pittsfield tomorrow mornng and join us in a flyover of a young mans home who has a new pool donated by Make a wish of maine.
Gas at pittsfild 2B7
Come anytime donuts coffee muffins
Mission brief 11 am
depart 1130
Lunch at youngs lobster pound belfast

The house is located in Dixmont outside the bangor class c Did you read this JP?

We will use 12345 in air
Hope to see you there

Jim
jimcrane04435@gmail.com
207-659-4983 cell

Yeah - New England is the best area for flying with great people! Colorado is very desert like in the plains, but some trees out in Mountains. Need to get out to Idaho sometime. Starting to meet some pilots in the area, but not the same as Crow Island...

Found a nice house at 7,780' elevation. Due to COVID-19 will be working from home until sometime in 2021. Here is my new office in the family room with views of Mt Evans in Evergreen CO.

IMG_6260_2.jpg

IMG_0051_3.jpg

Here is my Husky
IMG_3639.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6260_2.jpg
    IMG_6260_2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0051_3.jpg
    IMG_0051_3.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3639.jpg
    IMG_3639.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Sorry I couldn’t make it Jim. Best intentions..
Pb

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Back