• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Help! How Do I Get this 35" BW Off the Wheel?

Any tire shop should have a gallon can of Skid. ( Bead release fluid ) Pour it around the where the tire meets the rim and wait a minute or so. Should almost fall off.

Correct me if I am wrong but it is the built in tube that is stuck, not the tire bead.
On a tire this size it would simply be easy enough to use a commercial tire mache's bead breaker. My older Hunter tire equipment can reach to the small rim sizes and in the act of pressing the bead it will make the tube portion roll inwards. On the release of pressure the tire will go right back but it may not be "bonded" not to mention one can spray WD40 or a juice of your choice so the tube may no longer stick.
Brand new style tire machines may not be flexible enough to work with these "oddball" tire rim combinations.

I sent it on it's way yesterday, like Pete said, they can deal with it when they install the 6" wheels and 31s. If I damage the tire there is a chain of events that will result that would not be good. It had one small spot that just started to show. I did figure out it is really the rubber that makes up the area where you would install a tube on a conventional tire. I am going to try the bead release fluid acehercs suggested next time. Heard of some interesting ways of doing it using 4x4s to block up the tire and a shaft and skid steer bucket to push the wheel half out. Now I have an idea on a piece of all thread with some arms to do the opposite of what we do to get those wheel halves together when installing new Bushwheels.

Oh yea, I had to edit the title, I guess I held the shift key down when I typed the 35 and it made it look like I was using an expletive. 8)

With my 29" Airstreaks, and my wheel skis, I deal with this every spring and fall. Before I discovered the "round rod thru the bearing hole, and tap the rim half and it will fall right out" method, I used to haul my wheels to my crane yard. With some blocks on the tires on either side of the wheel, I would put it under a outrigger and slowly lower it, and it'd pop right out, kind of like they do it at a tire shop, but I didn't have to buy another piece of equipment.

The 35’s really get stuck huh.

I got a bead breaker from harbor freight. It goes inside the wheel hole where the axle goes. I think it’s for a lawnmower or small tractor. I can’t find it on there site though.

Me, I just take them over to Tom. I like hearing his screams coming over the top of the Green's.

piece of 6 inch long pipe or a rolled piece of 1/4 inch thick steel with seam welded with a 7 3/4 inch id. then lay the tire down below something solid. then lay a piece of 2x4 across the pipe thats centered over the wheel 1/2 and then use a handy man jack to push down from the solid support above. just an idea. only cost is a 6 inch long piece of tube.

Back