• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Poly brush on leading edge problems.

supercub

Let me check my GPS, gee how'd we ever navigate w
I brushed on 2 coast of poly brush to the leading edge. After cover one side, the fabric seam along the leading edge is someone what rough due to the poly brush being softened by the poly tak cement. I'm mainly talking about the area above the seam where the next fabric will cover. Any suggestions on how to smooth the poly brush out? I've tried brushing a little reducer (MEK) is not available here) and that had little effect. Looking for suggests. Was thinking of brushing some poly brush and seeing if the leveled the older poly brush. I've also tried an iron with minimal results Any suggestions? Thanks

As soon as I read your post I remembered using parchment paper before for the same thing. I still have a roll. My memory just needed jarring. You know what they say, memory is the 348th thing to go LOL. Thanks again.

I use a piece of thin sheet teflon, smooth finish and wipes clean with mek. 12" square lasts years. Found it in the aircraft parts dept of McMaster.

Back