• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Building carbon fiber door/window frames

tedwaltman1

FOUNDER
Delta, CO
This summer I embarked on a new project to stay busy--replacing my aluminum door/window frames with carbon fiber ones. While one can purchase carbon fiber square tubes, I figured what fun is that when I can spend many, many hours learning how and building my own!

I created a PDF that documents everything. Links to every tool, part, material and item involved--you don't have to go looking all over the internet or at local hardware stores to find things (as I did). There are some tricks involved--I have a stack of discarded "lessons learned" in my shop which I hope to help you avoid by the information in the PDF.

Using carbon fiber, I've almost saved enough weight to carry an additional six-pack of IPA on my next trip North to Alaska!

Contact info is in the PDF--if anyone has questions please feel free to email or call.

Link to PDF here

CFdoor_52b.jpg

Attachments

• CFdoor_52b.jpg
    CFdoor_52b.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 219
Fantastic, Ted!

I've been mucking about wanting to do something similar on my 2+2 project. I kept stalling at how to begin. This looks like a big help.

Vic

Back