• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Taper Crank to Flanged Crank

Grant

FRIEND
At Work.....
We have a taper shaft 65HP that is coming off and we have an overhauled flanged shaft 65 Going on. We are using the same prop model but a finer pitch. Will the bolts be the same between the taper and flange shaft? I assume we use the front crush plate and just bolt it up to the flange without the bushings and that should be it.... i just want to know before we are sitting there wishing we would have had this solved before the prop shows up in a week.

I could not find any direct refrence when searching and the Sensinich guys are gone for the day.....

Thanks!

Yes. Just have to take the ferrules out of your old prop.

Happiness is you will have a teeney bit more room between cowl pins and prop. Unhappiness is the prop seal is harder to change. Happiness is it is probably a C-85 crank, worth more tha the engine!

Follow up - I found the correct bolts and have them on order. They should be here next week and this J3 should be back flying in the next two weeks.

A friend of mine was installing a prop on a project airplane & had to buy prop bolts.
He told me that they charge quite a premium for a "prop bolt kit" vs just buying 6 of the correct AN bolts.

A friend of mine was installing a prop on a project airplane & had to buy prop bolts.
He told me that they charge quite a premium for a "prop bolt kit" vs just buying 6 of the correct AN bolts.

There is a difference, but in some installations the Regular AN bolt IS the correct bolt. In this case the AN bolt is the correct one.

Back