• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

0320 egt probe location

al irvin

What cylender should a egt probe be on a 0320 a2b super cub
i but a new lees exhaust on and it does not want to fix on the same tube as the old e

On a hard climb my #2 is the hottest, the reason I know this is I have a 4 cylinder EGT/CHT. Without that you don't know what you don't know! A single probe is about as useful at tits on a boar hog. Every plane/engine is different. Get a 4 cylinder EGT/CHT it will save you money in the long run.
DENNY

The best thing about EGT gauges is to be able to troubleshoot/monitor individual cylinders. Impossible to do with only one probe. Put one on each cylinder.

Is it just my imagination or do people with 4 point monitoring systems have more cylinder problems than those with single point systems.

Jerry

Last edited:
Jerry
They both have the same amount of problems. It is just without a 4 cylinder EGT/CHT you have to wait until issue has caused enough damage that you notice it. Burning a valve from an intake lead, CHT'S over 420 due to a crack primer line making mixture rich, bad plug over 2000 rpm, MAG timing issue, Poor baffling, ect. All of this and more is easy to pick up and fix early if you know what you are looking at. One of the problems is finding an A&P/IA that understands what they are looking at.
DENNY

Back