• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Northeast stol series-dover maine

Scouter

SPONSOR
Exeter Maine
https://www.facebook.com/events/208891773679719/

Come on up to Dover foxcroft Chase field this Saturday June 27. Contest starts at 100, come early for lunch. Heck, come for breakfast
Looking like a lot of interest so far, should be a good group. The elderly and bald pilots are thankful Bill Barker and John Hartz are on floats. Dont put them out with the kitty litter yet
Dover is 44B, fuel is close by in Dexter, 1B0
Lets have a super day, come on up

jim

Just hoping for flyable weekend weather to make the trip Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Come on fri if you can,we can figure something out. Ii am going to be somewhat hobbled by a family wedding but I will have a bed and wheels for you. hell, bring a clean shirt qnd you can go to the wedding with brenda and I can stay home

jim

Just hoping for flyable weekend weather to make the trip Jim.

I’m going to try to be there with my 170, looks like rain, hopefully just some showers.

I'll be up if I can get through the weather

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

I hope you get good weather. I am down for a few days and won't be able to show. Chip

Leave the master off and prop it. It will bring you back to your j-3 roots. No luck on finding a battery. They wouldn’t hold a charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll see you tomorrow. Are you going to be around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes around all day until tonight where I get sucked down the drain going to my Neice wedding
yippie. Check in by cellphone if you decide to swing this way
jim

Weather seems to be improving. But unless I break out of work I’ll be coming up sat am.

Going to try to make it up weather permitting but will be confined to the river. Unless...

I find a float dolly which would jettison after takeoff then make a grass landing on floats. [emoji848]

Tom,
Have been contemplating that option. Hand held and foreflight. could even do wheeled vehicle. :anon

Going to try to make it up weather permitting but will be confined to the river. Unless...

I find a float dolly which would jettison after takeoff then make a grass landing on floats. [emoji848]

Bill you must have missed the memo. It’s a BYOD event. Bring your own dolly.
:)

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers...

The sad part is Pete he will probably still beat us all with his cub on floats on a dolly
jim

I think there was 10 participants I believe, and I didn’t think to get images of each of the pairings, but the last matchup was Jim and Bob, Carbon Cub SS vs Carbon Cub EX2 with 2” raised incidence of the wings, 35’s, light panel, nearly no interior and maybe 5 gallons of fuel.
Both guys DQ’d at least once, but they still performed well.
IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    225 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 173
Bill Barker was wishing he was back on wheels so he could spank some CC tail, and John Hartz carefully negotiated his float install so he could show everyone up with his light Denali Cub.

That said, Tom still had a great showing with his PA-18, and it was fun to see Jake Parrott guiding young Jacoby through his first Stol event.

IMG_0343.JPG

Jacoby was so excited during the day he didn’t quite make it all the way home.

IMG_0379.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 196
Are they using the best of all rounds? everywhere I have competed it was your best pair. A great landing with a DQ landing is for not.

I guess Tom will beracking the incidence on Jim's now. So glad Mark and some other old timers figured this stuff out years ago so people can use it. Just need to give credit where credit is due.

It was a fun show, good turnout of airplanes, and non-airplane people from the area. Also 2.69 Mogas at KOWK!

Steve, this was their first event, and not sure how much of a playbook they had to go by. They are open to all suggestions and comments. Good people trying hard.

Looks.like a lot of fun. Wish it wasn't so far away.

Tell me about it. I woke at 4:30am to fly over, landed back home at 6:30pm. And I live next door. Tom Ford nearly lapped me on the way home. I’m wiped out.

Back