• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Hose barb size for Scott brake bleeding.

Penguin

FRIEND
KNFL
I looked in the search and can't find what I need. Does anyone know the right size hose barb to screw into the top of the Scott's so I can pump fluid all the way through? I have some air in the system and they need a good bleed. With the battery stacked above the cylinders, using a hose barb, hose and clear jar would sure make the process easier. Using the rag technique I used on the L-4 just doesn't seem to cut it. Thanks!

I do that. Well, I used to, before Grove masters. Try an AN fitting of approximate size. I am thinking #4, but that’s from memory.
The bottom is a 10-32, drilled. Model airplane fuel hose comes in appropriate sizes.
I can check tomorrow, if nobody else checks in.

What is the thread size for the plug on the top of the Scott brake master?

Jim

Good question. I've been trying myself to find a fitting that works. Can't find one with the right thread. Ended up just jamming the end of a piece of clear plastic fuel hose into the opening. Not very elegant, but it works - kinda.

I gauged it today. 24 is correct. I found one online in brass. On piece. We'll see how it works. I'm hoping I have enough clearance between the top of the reservoirs and the bottom of the battery terminals to fit the fitting and hose. We'll see. Thanks a ton for the help. You guys & gals rock.

I gauged it today. 24 is correct. I found one online in brass. On piece. We'll see how it works. I'm hoping I have enough clearance between the top of the reservoirs and the bottom of the battery terminals to fit the fitting and hose. We'll see. Thanks a ton for the help. You guys & gals rock.

Post a link if it works

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back