• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

pa18a-150 header tank

farm_boy252

Norman wells, NT
Hello all, would anyone happen to have a picture of what the front header fuel tank looks like on the ag model? I have been told they are a different set up than the standard cub but don't have access to my plane to have a look. Does anyone have experience adding the defrost kit on an ag model? I was also told that it would have to be changed to make room for the defrost ducting...I have no reason to doubt my mechanic but just curious. I'm also debating on putting the standard header in vs the headerless system at this time.

Thanks in advance.

I was told the header tank sits at an angle, not sure if that's vertically, horizontally or both.

They are the same in position and plumbing as the standard cub for the front header.
The rear is the same but set further back
lf keeping put in the Atlee heavy wall unit.

The rear is behind the cross tube instead of in front of it.. otherwise identical fuel systems... we took out our rear but left in the front at rebuild, gave us an area to but in an extended “hat” shelf for lightweight items..

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rear is behind the cross tube instead of in front of it.. otherwise identical fuel systems... we took out our rear but left in the front at rebuild, gave us an area to but in an extended “hat” shelf for lightweight items..

Interesting idea Brian, which I like. Don’t have to modify the right tank with fitting, etc.
what guidance is used, or does the STC allow for that? Assume you still need fuel selector change to run on both.
Thanks

Back