• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Shout out to Miguel Diaz

Grant

FRIEND
At Work.....
This post to to give a shout out to Miguel Diaz my friend and apprentice mechanic who I have had the privilege of mentoring for the last 30 months. Miguel has finished the requisite 30 months of combined experience necessary to apply for the authorization to test for his FAA Airframe and Powerplant License. He has been a quick study and performs every task with deliberate intent to do the job correctly and better than the last time. He has shown a level of professionalism that many experienced mechanics could learn from. He has taught me as much as I have taught him. I appreciate his dedication to the craft and look forward to watching him grow as an aviation professional. Please congratulate him for his efforts!

His username is MiguelDG....and he is a Cub guy!

IMG_0895.jpeg IMG_0543.jpg
IMG_0517.jpg IMG_0511.jpg
IMG_5843.jpeg IMG_5738.jpg
IMG_5512.jpg IMG_5257.jpeg
IMG_4475.jpeg IMG_0887.jpeg
IMG_0316.jpeg IMG_0060.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0895.jpeg
    IMG_0895.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_5843.jpeg
    IMG_5843.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_5738.jpg
    IMG_5738.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5512.jpg
    IMG_5512.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5257.jpeg
    IMG_5257.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_4475.jpeg
    IMG_4475.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0887.jpeg
    IMG_0887.jpeg
    274.6 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0060.jpeg
    IMG_0060.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Miguel worked on my plane when he first came to work for Grant, One of the finest person you could meet, No one deserves it more,

Congratulation, Miguel!!!!

Congrats Miguel, study hard and Good luck on your oral and practicals. Best thing about our profession is that we never stop learning.

Congratulations Miguel!!

Awesome. I look forward to meeting you. Hard work pays off. Well deserved.

Bill

Miguel, nicely done! Grant has great things to say about you, and having met you I think you have a very bright future. Congratulations!

Randy

Congratulations Miguel and thanks to Grant. Without people sharing their knowledge and experience this good work wouldn't happen. Best wishes to you both.

Thank you guys so much!!! Especially Grant, I could not have done this without you. Looking back two and a half years ago I would have never thought I would be in the aviation industry. I still remember how excited I was when you called me into a interview with my paint soaked clothes from my last job. I am glad I decided to take the position and start a new journey in aviation.

Miguel is on his way tomorrow to Baker for a two week session to learn about everything I forgot to tell him!.. Cant't wait for him to come back with an A&P. His efforts are a perfect example of what used to be common place. Set a goal, and get after it.

That's hard to find these days...

The Baker experience is like entering an alternate reality, tough but study hard and you’ll do fine Miguel. Forget about seeing the sights or going to Nashville Your world will be study and study some more.

Miguel is on his way tomorrow to Baker for a two week session to learn about everything I forgot to tell him!.. Cant't wait for him to come back with an A&P. His efforts are a perfect example of what used to be common place. Set a goal, and get after it.

That's hard to find these days...

I went to a crash course at hooks field? Houston? 3 day class. Got 100% on one test.. back in 1991 after faa said I really needed to get a license.... we had a 5 plane airtaxi then..... being supervised from a mechanic in Cordova, when we were in Naknek.... we were about to rebuild a 185 that we ferried back after landing gear tore out....

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Last edited:
Well I did it!!! it was tough I did nothing but stay in my room and study. Instructors were great and so were the lectures, I am glad I went there after everything I feel like I only knew 50-60% of the questions. I left with an A&P and a hand full of more knowledge.

Fantastic accomplishment Miguel. What a great skill set to have. It's hard not to love Cubs!

Congrats!! Miguel We need more dedicated people like yourself. Grant you too can take pride in working with Miguel to accomplish his goal.

Le

Back