• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Rear Throttle STC?

av8rtom

FRIEND
I've seen a couple of rear throttle locations/installs in 12's with swing-up doors, but I'm wondering if anyone has a STC for this. I'm thinking of putting the throttle in the overhead wing root.

I did it as part of the field approval for the left cargo door. In the door

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Thanks Mike..., I've looked at yours many times..., pretty cool alright! I'm hoping for a little more "kiss" principle, and I don't want to rebuild my door. Also, how does the throttle work if you have the door open? Pretty cool though!
Right now, I'm looking at a field approval as well.

Last edited:
I've seen a couple of rear throttle locations/installs in 12's with swing-up doors, but I'm wondering if anyone has a STC for this. I'm thinking of putting the throttle in the overhead wing root.

Take a look at how Legend Cub does the rear throttle. Rear throttle is lower than front. Connection runs under lower door, so door does not affect operation.

I brought a idea to my local FAA rep. To use a Telaflex cable as used in boats. The FAA said “hay that’s a great idea but no field approvals. Why don’t you just get a STC”. So to pay for the STC I’m guessing maybe 10 people would buy the STC for the -12 so the price would be around $10,000.00 each. Who wants in?

Back