• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

HDHP: Doug Turnbull presents "The Fjords of Labrador and Quebec"

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
dougturnbull.png

Doug Turnbull talks about their trip to Labrador and Quebec, how far they got, and what they did next!

If you have registered for other HDHP presentations, you are already registered and can join up with the meeting details you received.

To register and join on Zoom, go here: https://bit.ly/2XBRxsp

To watch on YouTube Live: go here: https://youtu.be/roxEGWgrvMA

We know everybody is not awake or can attend at this time so all presentations are recorded and saved on YouTube for future viewing with the link above.

Attachments

• dougturnbull.png
    dougturnbull.png
    839.6 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
What a cool trip, and not far from me here in VT... I think if you happen to hit the weather right it’d be spectacular.

Great stuff Doug, and thanks to John Meade for jumping on as well!

sj

Great Presentation Doug. While we spoke heavily of weather it was not bad for the area we were flying in.

Great presentation Doug. Maybe next year I will try it again, but again on floats. After two trips up there the weather is always great just before you arrive or after you have left. It was easy on floats but now the bases are all closed except Squaw Lake and only if you know the right people.

Jim

Very interesting presentation Doug. Amazing how much of a factor weather is on these long-distance jaunts. Almost have to be all packed up, ready to launch, and wait for the perfect high pressure system to set up before actually leaving.

Very interesting presentation Doug. Amazing how much of a factor weather is on these long-distance jaunts. Almost have to be all packed up, ready to launch, and wait for the perfect high pressure system to set up before actually leaving.

Ted
Yes it seems that way. They pushed us out a week last year do to the weather as they were socked in for 10 days no flying. They might open things up about the first of August this year and Joe and I are looking to see what comes open, who has fuel, how does weather look, lots of things that we learned the first trip up. Lots more camping then the first trip but that is what we are planning anyway. I think fuel may be the bigger issue if we make it this year up to the Fjords.

Wedge Hills Lodge will not open this year as the scheduling really is a big part for them. They might be in camp working but not open for guests, possible fuel there but have to wait and see. Interesting challenges compared to AK, I thought AK was so much easier but then again I did not go way up north to the far reaches, this I think would have the same challenges as what we encountered in Quebec/Labrador.

I'm ready to go!!!

Back