• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cub, standard Piper combined oil temp/pressure gauge, pressure fitting thread

Philly5G

England
Hi, I need to get an adapter to fit between an electric oil pressure sensor with a male 1/8" NPT connector and the oil pressure pipe that used to connect straight onto the combined oil temp/pressure gauge. I've measured the pipe and the gauge connector fitting and it seems to be around 7/16"? Is this correct and can anyone tell me the thread type please?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I usually install a restrictor adapter at the accessory case and the pressure sensor on the motor mount or firewall. Then attach them with a hydraulic hose. This keeps the lines out of the cockpit in event of a leak and also protects the sensor from engine vibrations.

Web

I usually install a restrictor adapter at the accessory case and the pressure sensor on the motor mount or firewall. Then attach them with a hydraulic hose. This keeps the lines out of the cockpit in event of a leak and also protects the sensor from engine vibrations.

Web

Thanks Web!! That's exactly what I'm doing :) The oil pipe is the one that was (and will stay) attached to the oil pressure outlet at top starboard of the accessory case and has been fitted with a 7/16"(?) adapter, which is exactly the same fitting as the pressure connection at the back of the oil dual temp/pressure gauge and it's the specification of this that I'm trying to get.

Reason being that the capillary temp tube cracked in the last 1/4 turn of fitting it to the spin on oil filter!!!! I can get it repaired but it's a 5-6 week turnaround time and I'm going for electric sensors to the MGL Vega EMS1 gauge, that I'd already ordered for the CHT and EGT sensors. When the dual gauge comes back fixed, I'll either refit it and run the oil pressure tube straight to it, or decide what else to do with it :)

I'll be zip tying the oil pressure tube to the engine mount and connecting the Pressure sensor to it firewall forward.

Do you know the exact spec of the pressure fitting on the dual gauge please?

Was it previously modified? Lycomings usually have a 1/8" NPT hole there. Maybe post a pic of the original sensor setup?

Web

Yes, it's an adapter screwed into the accessory case connector thread, it's exactly the same fitting as the back of the oil temp/pressure gauge and I figured there'd be no doubts about that one :) The oil pressure pipe screws onto the gauge with either end, that's how I know it's the same fitting as the gauge :)

To answer my own question and to help everyone else who'd like to know, the thread type is [FONT=&quot]AN4 JIC Flare [/FONT]and I've got the adapter in my hand to prove it :)

Back