• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Javron lowered engine mounts.

ron

Wanaka,NZ
Hi All ,Would be interested to hear from people who have fitted the Javron lowered engine mounts.How did they affect performance,visibility and appearance.Thanks,Ron.

Ron, What part of the mount is lowered? Since most people want longer props on their Cubs, why would you want to lower the engine? Can you provide a link to this mount? I couldn't locate anything about it.

Wayne Mackey has installed lowered mounts on his SQ2s for a ong time. He is normally running long gear and 35" tires and wants the view over the nose. I have good visibility over the nose of my Super Cub with 35" tires, 3" extended gear and the Thrustline modification. I want my prop out of the sand and gravel and see no use for a lowered engine mount. What does Jay say. Did he see a need after flying his Javron and started building it, requests from his customers or what? Everything is a compromise, mission, compromises.

I might be wrong but the lower engine mount includes the thrust line mod with the original lines of the cowling. So you get the same sight picture over the nose with thrustline.

Jay has a lowered mount 2 inches I believe, however you can not run standard mags with it.
DENNY

Thanks everyone for the replies.Pete,the info is on the Javron website for the PA-18 super cub order form.Mike I have slicks and not going to change!.Have an outback super cub, inline thrust built in to my Javron fuselage.(Outback made a mess of my fuselage so Jay built one for me!).Have 3” extended gear with 29” tires (Alaskan.)There is approx 3/4” clearance between nose bowl and flywheel.My seat is maximum height before mashing my brains on the crossbars.Visibility is a problem at speeds below 45Kts.(cowl interference )Thought this lowered engine mounts could work but based on what Steve says I have some other problem.Possible solution Alaskan fowler flaps?.

Last edited:
Airframes Alaska also makes a zero thrustline mount that is lowered to keep the original top cowling line. Experimental only.

Airframes Alaska also makes a zero thrustline mount that is lowered to keep the original top cowling line. Experimental only.

If this were approved, and was a stock installation, would it all otherwise fit without any modification?

I have Javrons lowered mount on my Javron cub with an 0-320E engine and have dual impulse Bendix mags. No interference problems on mine.

If this were approved, and was a stock installation, would it all otherwise fit without any modification?

It should. It was designed to put the flywheel/prop flange in the same location as factory but with a zero degree angle. Basically there is about a 3" rise at the front of the engine after installing zero thrustline spacers and that is the amount the engine is dropped so that it's still zero thrustline but your cowling doesn't look overly excited.

It should. It was designed to put the flywheel/prop flange in the same location as factory but with a zero degree angle. Basically there is about a 3" rise at the front of the engine after installing zero thrustline spacers and that is the amount the engine is dropped so that it's still zero thrustline but your cowling doesn't look overly excited.
Don't know about you, but I like excited! But at my age.....

Hi SD Cubman. Did you retrofit that mount or did you fit it on initial build?If it was a retrofit would be interested what changes noticed with the inline lowered.

I have Javrons lowered mount on my Javron cub with an 0-320E engine and have dual impulse Bendix mags. No interference problems on mine.

I got the mount from Javron as part of the initial build. Due to the fact it’s dynafocal may be why bendix mags fit vs the conical mount. I didn’t retrofit anything

Back