• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pawnee tach cable

Anchorage, AK
One of our Pawnee’s was written up for a squealing tach cable. I am going to pull the rather long inner cable. What’s everyone’s favorite recipe for lube?

If it was up to me I would put in an electronic tach and be done with it.

Charlie, yup, by the time you buy a couple of those 12' cables, plus the downtime you can pay for an ECI digital tach. And a REAL PITA and time sink to pull all those side panels and stuff for access. As a bonus, much more accurate resolution, so easy to tell if you're down 20 rpm. With the long cable mechanical tach, it's trying to average the oscillation.

Saw you had a nice flight in the ASW-20 the other day. 8)

Thanks. cubscout

I use graphite based assembly lube thinned with ATF. Works great and lasts a LONG time.

Charlie, yup, by the time you buy a couple of those 12' cables, plus the downtime you can pay for an ECI digital tach. And a REAL PITA and time sink to pull all those side panels and stuff for access. As a bonus, much more accurate resolution, so easy to tell if you're down 20 rpm. With the long cable mechanical tach, it's trying to average the oscillation.

Saw you had a nice flight in the ASW-20 the other day. 8)

Thanks. cubscout

Yep I am getting my ASW-20 dialed in. I really like it!

Electronics International R-1 tach. Power, ground, left/right mag signal. Mag signal wires connect at the key switch along with the P-leads. It even comes with a cap to coverup the tach drive on the accessory case.

Web

Back