• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-12 Firewall Battery 337?

MEM-PA12

Would anyone happen to have a 337 regarding relocating the battery and battery solenoid to the firewall on a 12? Thanks in advance!

During my rebuild I looked at moving battery to firewall but decided under the front seat was my best option. Keeps the CG further back. Not really a good place to put it on the firewall in my opinion.

I used atlee dodges stc for the pa-18 seat, under seat battery install and a letter of deviation to install on a PA-12 if I remember correctly.

I thought someone had an stc to install battery on firewall. Charlie center rings a bell.

I picked up this restoration project with a new battery box (Odyssey type), cables, solenoid, etc. already installed on the firewall. The workmanship is really good and it has the lower extended baggage with 18 tail feathers so I’m hesitant to change anything. I have 337s for the under seat location but haven’t seen anything with it on the firewall. I’ve also not heard of an STC for the firewall...then again I have read the thread on CAR 3 A/C battery requirements.

I have a Field approval for my PA-16 to use an EarthX battery on the firewall with a Sutton Exhaust to make room for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Read FAR 43, appendix A, (a), (1). Installing a battery box does not meet the criteria, listed there, of a major airframe alteration. You are not modifying the electrical system design. The battery meets the requirements of CAR 3, 3.682. Make sure the installation and workmanship meets the standards of AC43.13-2B, chapter 10. If so, log entry and move on.

Web

Back