• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Member Networking and Expertise Sharing

Skysurfer

Shopping for a Super Cub now. When the time comes to travel to the potential aircraft to buy, I would like to network with members in that geographical area for tips on helping with the pre buy inspection.
I am not an A&P but have some experience working on aircraft, including Cubs. I know enough to get help looking at a aircraft I may purchase.
Is there a way to get a geographical listing of members to reach out to via PM messages if I find a Cub in their area I am interested in? It would be helpful if a member (not necessarily an A&P) might have time to assist with an inspection. That is a lot to ask, I realize. I would be willing to pay for this assistance as part of a responsible buying procedure for an aircraft. Any help with local contacts for shops, A&P's, IA's, perhaps some knowledge of the particular aircraft all helps with the process.
I may have missed a procedure to search members geographically. It may be a privacy concern also and I don't mean to tread on that issue.
Thanks much for any and all help,
Tim Gaffney

Tim, just ask where you need help and you'll have more responses then you might want. This is already the network

Welcome to the crew

Glenn

Tim,

Almost twenty years ago when this gorup started, there were a lot of folks who were new to the internet, new to computers, and had some pretty big concerns about privacy. The member directory is a reflection of that as it is designed that you can see as much as you are willing to share. It's probably time to re-visit a geographical map but I still feel we would want it to be "opt in". We do have some folks who would prefer to keep their actual identies private, and I have always made an effort to be a good steward of this information, hopefully largely successfully.

Having said that, just shoot me an email or PM and I will try to hook you up with folks in a geographical area - or you can do what most people do, make a post about it and as Glenn said, you should get more than you need.

Welcome to the group!

sj

sj

Back