• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Canada limits Airport of Entry sites due to COVID

tedwaltman1

FOUNDER
Delta, CO
Just saw this major change to available Canada border crossing points:

In response to COVID-19, CBSA has temporarily suspended its services at many small airports. Link to updated AOE/15: link

This applies to AOE/15 (An airport used solely for clearing persons arriving by general aviation aircraft (private or company) where the flights are unscheduled and the number of non-paying travellers on each flight does not exceed 15 (including the crew)).

One can still clear Canadian customs at major airports (e.g. Abbotsford, Calgary, ...) but all the smaller ones.

I updated info on http://fly2ak.com with this info.

My friend owns a business and works on the border of Canada and MN, that requires a "multiple crossing permit/wilderness type visa". He has been told that will not be available for some time, effectively shutting him down for the busy summer fishing and canoe season, what a nightmare.

There is a new (to me) App that Canadian custom's is requiring one to fill out. This is as of yesterday, Sept 3, 2020 at Whitehorse. ArriveCan is the app name. Available here on the Apple app store or here for Android on the Google Play store. Free download.

More info on flying to/from Alaska at http://fly2ak.com

Last edited:
Two contacts recently reported their experiences crossing the border (Sept 9, 2020)

One person in Fairbanks called the Whitehorse customs office several days ahead of his planned crossing date to inquire about any special requirements. The officer on the phone indicated that the travel must be deemed "essential" to be cleared to proceed. When he asked what is considered essential he was told that the decision is up to the officers meeting him at his plane when he arrives at Whitehorse to clear customs. If not deemed "essential travel" he could be turned back to Alaska.

Another person cleared at Whitehorse where the customs officers of course asked him for the purpose of his travel. He simply told them he was proceeding home to the States after working the summer up in Alaska. No further questions; He was cleared to proceed.

As always, if anyone has updated info that I can post on https://fly2ak.com I would be very thankful if you'd please let me know!

We use several vendors in NB for the farm. We have been going back and forth getting parts and some new equipment for months now. We also use a Crop Consultantant who is working with a lot of NB farmers as well.
The magic word you have to use is "Agriculture" Then you are checked off as essential, and no problem. Dont know how you will spin a floatplane full of fishing stuff as farming related,would be interested to hear the stories

Jim

We use several vendors in NB for the farm. We have been going back and forth getting parts and some new equipment for months now. We also use a Crop Consultantant who is working with a lot of NB farmers as well.
The magic word you have to use is "Agriculture" Then you are checked off as essential, and no problem. Dont know how you will spin a floatplane full of fishing stuff as farming related,would be interested to hear the stories

Jim

Aquaculture

Back