• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

“stuck oil pressure indication"

ron

Wanaka,NZ
Hi , We have a Dynon Skyview unit fitted in our backcountry cub. On shutdown engine oil pressure remains at 52 psi .On starting engine oil pressure indication is “Stuck “ at 52 psi and remains at all power settings.Cleaned sensor leads ,tapped sensor unit ,bled oil line to sensor .Any ideas? .Me thinks a new sensor needed ?.Thanks,Ron.

Remove sensor., not familiar with that one need ground? What’s it show?? Sensor is my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Replace the sensor and install a direct reading gauge for reliability. Oil pressure is the one most important instrument in the airplane.

have operated combination for four years, with no problems

The wire/wires are disconnected somewhere. One wire is 5 VDC power, one is ground back to the Dynon, and the third varies between 0 VDC and 5 VDC as the oil pressure varies.

Web

Last edited:
Thanks Pete,I agree with the essential side of the oil p gauge when I saw I had a stuck P gauge I kept a close eye on the oil T until I got home. !!!
Replace the sensor and install a direct reading gauge for reliability. Oil pressure is the one most important instrument in the airplane.

How about the ground and the signal wire? Do they have continuity back to the correct terminals on the Dynon?

Web

have ordered a new sensor but seems Dynon presently working from home during virus.Will put in a temporary analogue job in series.Thanks all for help.Will advise.

I looked for another thread that this might fit into, but found none. The question is, can these instruments be fixed, or is replacement the only solution? They were installed in 2003. IMG_0084.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 115
Back