Post Thanks / Like

SuperCub.Org Summer Events Postponed Until 2021

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunset.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	48782
    Friends,

It is after significant consideration, discussion, and loss of sleep that we have made the decision to postpone all of the normal summer events until 2021. These include:

The Missouri Breaks Fly In
    The Johnson Creek Super Cub Fly In
    The New Holstein Super Cub Fly In

The overwhelming factor that led us to this decision is that we do not want to push to hold these events this year, and then never be welcomed back in the future because we did. We realize that this is a very conservative decision, but it is simply not worth the risk for what many people view as a non-essential activity.

Thanks for your understanding

sj
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------
    Thanks OLDCROWE thanked for this post
    Likes phdigger123, cubnut liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Go figure. The one year i was going to be able to attend the breaks. Ahh nuts!
    "There are 3 kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." Will Rogers
    Likes OLDCROWE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub Special Ed View Post
    Go figure. The one year i was going to be able to attend the breaks. Ahh nuts!
    As far as I know, The Breaks airstrips are not closed, and the Winifred airport is open. Just make sure the 14 day quarantine order for out of staters is no longer in effect.

It's a great year to get a few buddies and form some small group meet ups.

sj
    Likes sjohnson liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear this Steve. I’m sure it was not an easy decision.
    Mick Capouch
    PA-18 150 N6TD
    Thanks SJ thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    "Adulting" sucks... but in the end this is the only responsible action not easily made and after several nights sans sleep. There is no virus in this county. If anyone had gotten sick following this flyin, aviation would forever be blamed. We considered every avenue from ordering all food out, to moving it to the breaks full-time.... None of it works to guarantee a 100% chance of safety if someone shows up asymptomatic. This town is filled with cowboys you can't kill with a bullet, and a large contingent of really old folks.... Covid19 would go through here like poop through a goose and we need to keep them all safe. I hope to cross tracks with you out camping and will miss this flyin and my friends. Winifred is still an open public airport if you find yourself in the neighborhood, call and I'll bring the adult beverages to the hangar, or out to you pick of strips in the Breaks.... Best, Ralph
    "Entropy just isn't the same anymore"
    www.TheCubWorks.com
    Thanks OLDCROWE, SJ, cubscout, flybynite, DENNY thanked for this post
    Likes SJ, tedwaltman1, sjohnson liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by centmont View Post
    "Adulting" sucks... but in the end this is the only responsible action not easily made and after several nights sans sleep. There is no virus in this county. If anyone had gotten sick following this flyin, aviation would forever be blamed. We considered every avenue from ordering all food out, to moving it to the breaks full-time.... None of it works to guarantee a 100% chance of safety if someone shows up asymptomatic. This town is filled with cowboys you can't kill with a bullet, and a large contingent of really old folks.... Covid19 would go through here like poop through a goose and we need to keep them all safe. I hope to cross tracks with you out camping and will miss this flyin and my friends. Winifred is still an open public airport if you find yourself in the neighborhood, call and I'll bring the adult beverages to the hangar, or out to you pick of strips in the Breaks.... Best, Ralph

That is a great summation of the reality!!

Being responsible is not always what is best, but is viewed as best by those that are our hosts.

Cheers to all that are concerned enough to consider all aspects and make the tough decisions. Maybe this is a great time to build the library of video 'living history' tales by all the folks that are still alive with great stories. These have been great so far!
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!
    Likes FdxLou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Any word on New Holstein for 2021?
    When everything is going wrong, and the world is bearing down on you.......GO FULL THROTTLE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Navigator View Post
    Any word on New Holstein for 2021?
    It is on the calendar, and at this time we are planning on it, but a lot will depend on the State of Wisconsin and the City of New Holstein, as well as being informed by Oshkosh / No Oshkosh.

We are guardedly optimistic!

sj
    Thanks FdxLou thanked for this post
    Likes jrussl, JP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m hearing that OSH 2021 is not a lock to be held this year. And rumor is some big sponsors (Boeing) and others have not committed yet. I’m hoping these rumors are not true, but I can see how the uncertainty can make people nervous. Also, OSH is not a “scalable “ event. It’s like the Broadway shows. The mayor says open at 25% capacity. The producers say no thanks. No money to be made at that attendance level.

Doesn’t sound good, at this point.

Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richgj3 View Post
    I’m hearing that OSH 2021 is not a lock to be held this year. And rumor is some big sponsors (Boeing) and others have not committed yet. I’m hoping these rumors are not true, but I can see how the uncertainty can make people nervous. Also, OSH is not a “scalable “ event. It’s like the Broadway shows. The mayor says open at 25% capacity. The producers say no thanks. No money to be made at that attendance level.

Doesn’t sound good, at this point.

Rich
    Here's what the EAA is saying as of Feb. 4th. They are saying things will look different but they are planning on the event, for now. Back in December, EAA president said May 1st would be the date where they have to make the hard decision of go or no-go; that is the day they start "writing the big checks" as he put it.

https://www.eaa.org/airventure/eaa-a...rough-unknowns

Marty57
    N367PS
    Psalm 36:7 "High and low among men find refuge in the shadow of His wing"
    www.marty2plus2.com
    Thanks Richgj3, FdxLou thanked for this post