• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

How many Husky Drivers?

wldwzl01

SPONSOR
So it's been a while since anyone has posted Husky information. How many folks do we have here on SuperCub.org that are Husky drivers?

So it's been a while since anyone has posted Husky information. How many folks do we have here on SuperCub.org that are Husky drivers?

There are quite a few! See if they chime in...

sj

My son and I own one together. I visit this site and the Husky site several times a day...

use To own a PA-12 several years ago then t-crafts all on floats now a Husky it is really Apple and Oranges comparison between a Super Cub and A Husky each will do something the other won’t

I fly this one with 3"ext gear and MT prop once in awhile.

20150911_124331.jpg

Attachments

• 20150911_124331.jpg
    20150911_124331.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 361
Another member of the dog pound here flying a 2001 A1-B. Though on many days I still bleed cub yellow.
Pokey.

Upper Collen.jpg
Here is my Christen Husky on the Upper Coleen River near the middle of the Brooks Range. Older A-1, 18th one built. Fairly light, well modified (but not nearly as much as John Schwamm's) I also own half of the first experimental Cub built by Jim Richmond. I love the speed of the Husky for those long trips about AK.

Attachments

• Upper Collen.jpg
    Upper Collen.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 340
The dog on the tail is actually paint, my painter came up with it when he painted it.

https://on-siteaviation.com/

Edit--sorry, that was a response to wldwzl01 question

I dont “drive” a Husky or any airplane for that matter but I do own and fly a Husky. Had a nice Super Cub and Arctic Tern previously.

Kurt

LOL, I’ve owned a Husky for three years and was going to fly it this summer for the first time since I rebuild it from a gravel bar flip over, but waiting until the controls are relaxed some. I had a 2’ DIA. Photo of my Dog made for $25.00 not over $100.00 from Husky.

The cost of parts and after market STC’s are significantly higher than those available for cubs - I guess ‘economies of scale’.
I am yet to meet a Husky owner that isn’t a happy dog owner ...
I am yet to meet a Cub owner that isn’t a happy cub owner ...

Different strokes for different folks .

rebuild looks great :)

I owned a Super Cub before the Husky and love both. I was actually looking for a Cub when I ran across the Husky, and couldn't pass it up.

Bought a Husky 1 and half years ago and also co-own 160 cub and yes the cub always puts a smile on my face when driving it.

My desk chair and the 180.

The Cub sold in February.
Nothing better to fly around the patch than a PA -11.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Based on the last few months Bill you should have traded that desk chair for fuel, taken the 180 to Montana and flown the Husky around till summer.

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers...

Photos exist of me flying a Husky and smiling. I did not burst into flames or get exiled from the Church of Cub for this.

There are things I like about both, and I’d happily own and/or fly either.

Back