• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Air adventure following Lewis and Clark’s Corps of Discovery Missouri River Route

Paul Heinrich

PARTNER
Illinois & Wisconsin
Since an exploration of the Canadian tundra is unlikely this year, I was thinking of retracing, in the PA12, the Louis and Clark expedition up the Missouri River to the Pacific ocean and back again with my daughter. And for the return, follow the old Route 66 and see everything along that way back to Wisconsin. Thinking mid to late June until mid to late July.

She loves to camp, hike, and canoe. I like to drink beers, bourbon, and Gin and tonic. We have nice camping gear.

Any advice, warnings, and good stories would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul Heinrich

Paul, I can’t give any advice, but sure would like to see photos of your trip. I’m sure it will be fascinating.

Has your research turned up any good books on L&C that you would recommend?

“Undaunted Courage” by Steven Ambrose is a great book on the L&C expedition. Has me wanting to jump in the 12 and do the same thing. At the very least extend from the Breaks Gathering to east slopes of Rockies and return via The Yellowstone. Rod

Paul....
I'm in Yankton, SD (KYKN) the last dam on the MO river. Stop in if you do this run....would love to see you!
p.s. I have a liquor store :)

Back