• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bush wheels..extended landing gear. How much weight is added to all up weight?

kiwi

Hi there Super cubber s

dreaming of bushing out my pa18
i use it for commercial operations
Wondering if any one has re weighed after a landing gear and bush wheel upgrade and if they had the weight data?
i would love to upgrade my cub but need to think about the weight as commercially the cub is a bit limited to useful load
ps. I have been enjoying the podcasts great stuff
cheers

My W&B revision list:
Removed 8.50-6.00 tires 44 lbs. at station +1”
installed ABW 31” tires on 6” Cleveland wheels 65 lbs. (same wheels)

the station is with stock PA-18 gear on a PA-12
F. Atlee Dodge says their std gear is 8.3 lbs per side, extended is 8.7 per side.

side note: would you be interested in adopting a sixty-something guy, his dogs and so forth who will drink all your beer and offer up unsolicited pedantic advice on a wide range of subjects, promise to someday pay for all the a gas he’s borrowed, etc. so he can move to NZ? My wife wants to know.

Just finished 2 complete super cub rebuilds 1 with new airframes fuselage 1 stock . 1 with 3in. Gear other with 3 by 3gear . Both oratec fabric.other differences. New airframe cub wt 1151 on 31 3x3 gear c of g 10.7 tail wt 67lbs. Stock cub with Alaska mods 3 ins gear 31 wt 1157 lbs. c of g 12.3 tail wt 59.5 lbs. did 2 cubs in 5 months

Atlee 3" extended gear weighs 4 lbs more than stock gear, 2 lbs per side. What size tires do you currently have?
8.50x6 with tube 18 lbs
26” Goodyear Tires and Tubes 24-26 lbs.
26”x12”x6” ---- 26lbs
29”x13”x6” ----- 31lbs
31”x13”x6” ---- 32lbs
35"x15"x10" ---- 40lbs

Cheers mate very useful.
haha ,hell ,I’ll see what I can do for this arrangement proposal!
You know in Nz we eat sheep’s testicals daily
and the beer is drunk warm eh?����

Cheers mate very useful.
haha ,hell ,I’ll see what I can do for this arrangement proposal!
You know in Nz we eat sheep’s testicals daily
and the beer is drunk warm eh?🍺🙄

Sheep testicles? Someone told me that was Kiwi sushi. I passed. I must have used up all the cold beer when I was there in 1999-2000, but I did find that most of the people I met there were pathologically friendly. Hopefully, no one's found a cure for that yet. The sheep were idiots, though.

I wanted to find a place and spend some time there, but I'm older now and my skills aren't on any list for desired immigrants or even part-time residents. I was going to try the business route; my idea was to start a birth control clinic for gays and lesbians. Figured I wouldn't have to show up for work that often, but my scheme was rejected for some reason. Probably because I didn't have the right temperament since I was an electrician, but who knows?

Oh well.

Back