• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

HDHP: Two Cubs to Alaska - Jeff Russell and Jeff Plantz May 13, 2359Z (7pm Central)

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
HPHDjeffjeff.png

Two friends make an epic trip to Alaska in two airplanes and share all the details! YouTube Live Link!

You can also watch with Zoom if you register for the HDHP Zoom meetings: click here

Attachments

• HPHDjeffjeff.png
    HPHDjeffjeff.png
    816.7 KB · Views: 1,563
Happening this week folks! This is going to be good!

sj

jeffjeff11.png

Just saw a bunch of the photos from the presentation tomorrow night. WOW! Great wildlife shots, incredible scenery, and of course, the whole sequence and story on what happened above...

Attachments

• jeffjeff11.png
    jeffjeff11.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 227
Tonight is the night, folks!

The photos from this trip are out of this world!

sj

Yep, thanks guys, Nice job! Great photos! As I said a couple weeks ago, my two favorite parts of Alaska are the Wrangell-Saint Elias and the AK Peninsula....you hit the best of the best.

THanks for sharing,

MTV

Excellent presentation and a great outcome from a bad misfortune. I have worked with Jeff Plantz at KOSH but didn’t realize he had made this trip. It does not surprise me that he and Patti made lemonade out of lemons. Thanks SJ!

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

At about the 32:30 mark there is a group photo in front of yellow plane. Do you remember that plane being a Bushmaster? That plane from what I see is the one I built in the 90's.

At about the 32:30 mark there is a group photo in front of yellow plane. Do you remember that plane being a Bushmaster? That plane from what I see is the one I built in the 90's.

That plane was owned by Ray last name?? It was an experimental Pacer, maybe a producer. I will look for other shots of the plane and post them here. Sorry for not having more details.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

The registration looks like you might have built it, Don. Would you mind posting a bit on the build? It looks like an interesting airplane!

I built it and flew it about 10 years. Ray Huot owns it now. Great to see it.
Is a nice plane

I built it and flew it about 10 years. Ray Huot owns it now. Great to see it.
Is a nice plane

Of course.......Ray Huot. We enjoyed hanging out with Ray and doing the brushing on Peavine. We also did a fantastic group flight over the Bagley on a beautiful blue sky day.

I remember him saying how much he was enjoying the airplane.

Just got a chance to watch the presentation, thanks for doing that. What a wonderful trip.

I was not at Brooks much during that time, was too busy flying elsewhere in the park, but I did get out there a couple times while you were wet parked upside down. Glad to get the story and glad it came out so well.

Your experience is probably the most common aircraft incident we have at Brooks. As the east wind comes up, we move our plane operations to Brooks Lake. People that don't know that we do that regularly sometimes get pretty fixated on the Naknek Lake beach as a dropoff or pickup location, and unless your power-on sailing skills are pretty good, it can get exciting.

Back