• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

HDHP: Airframes Alaska Digital Open House! May 6, 2359z 7pm Central

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
AIRFRAMESHPDP.png

Join us for this live walkthrough of the Airframes new Palmer manufacturing facility! It's where the baby bushwheels come from!

Here is the youtube live link, please subscribe to be reminded! https://youtu.be/LWyvh18M63c

You can also watch with Zoom if you register for the HDHP Zoom meetings: click here

sj

Attachments

• AIRFRAMESHPDP.png
    AIRFRAMESHPDP.png
    902.1 KB · Views: 1,454
BTW, I have heard that as well as seeing how things are done at Airframes, we will be learning about some new STC's they are coming out with!

sj

Discount cards to be presented to those that attend too? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Folks! Great plant tour by Sean! Exciting new lightweight products coming your way soon! You can even see a bushwheel being born!

If you missed it live, watch it here!

Thank you for this. You can't imagine how pleased this makes me as the originator of the North River Brake Boosters, to know they are now in such a nice home.

A great program! Showed off an impressive new plant, with lots of room for expansion. Engineering and development as well as production suggests more new and great products to come! Hard to believe titanium gear legs can weigh 11 pounds less than steel, but for those who want to push the boundaries of “lightness”, more good news.

Thanks for the tour!

MTV

A great program! Showed off an impressive new plant, with lots of room for expansion. Engineering and development as well as production suggests more new and great products to come! Hard to believe titanium gear legs can weigh 11 pounds less than steel, but for those who want to push the boundaries of “lightness”, more good news.

Thanks for the tour!

MTV

Especially when 3" extended Atlee gear weighs 18 lbs total, both legs.

After thinking about it maybe the weight savings is in a complete landing gear system, all components less shock/bungees.

That does seem like a miracle. Here is a comparison chart. It's a bit over my head though if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing, I have to question those numbers as well.
https://www.makeitfrom.com/compare/...teel/Grade-5-Ti-6Al-4V-3.7165-R56400-Titanium
Well, the charts show Titanium as about 2/3 the density of steel, and about double the yield strength of 4130. So if the charts are correct, it's plausible. One possible problem though, is that the chart shows annealed 4130, not normalized.

My takeaway was......

10 kids!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW! lol...

I also bet he drinks a lot of Red Bull.....

Back