• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cockpit Organizer!!!!!!!!!!

Tim326

FRIEND
Hello,
I want to install some sort of Organizer that will hold
a cell phone, handheld radio and few other miscellaneous items.
I’m looking to install on left side wall in the cockpit of my Cub.
Anyone have any ideas?

I bought a small pouch at Staples. It has 2 pockets with zippers. I stitched Velcro to the pouch and applied the adhesive type Velcro to the sidewall. I ended up moving it to the right side in front of the door because with stuff in it, it was in the way of the flap handle. Just one option...

6918_002-front-full.jpgSporty's, work real well.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    406.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 6918_002-front-full.jpg
    6918_002-front-full.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,544
Yep, what 40m posted above. Works very well. I have this in my airplane and my brother has it in his.

Kurt

Sounds goofy, but I’ve seen a carpenters belt/nail bag used with success. They might be heavier?? Probably a little ‘red neck’ ?!

Check out automotive sun visor organizers. Ideally one made of neoprene. Light, stretchy, low profile.
pk screw or Velcro to to side panel

Check out automotive sun visor organizers. Ideally one made of neoprene. Light, stretchy, low profile.
pk screw or Velcro to to side panel

Hi. I saw your discussion on the need for an organizer for the cockpit and I've produced one for many years. I found that I needed a place to store my portable radio, sectionals and pens/pencils in my Carbon Cub. The Cubby organizer fits perfectly and installs quickly. They're made from a really nice leather and are extremely durable. I'll attempt to include an image with this post. JeremyLezin@gmail.com View attachment Cub Organizer.pdfView attachment Cub Organizer.pdf

Attachments

• Cub Organizer.pdf
    535.9 KB · Views: 360
  • Cub Organizer.pdf
    535.9 KB · Views: 253
I used to have a carpenter's nylon tool belt pouch which worked pretty well; there are dozens of different configurations. You could also try someplace like REI or Cabelas and look at backpacking organizers - they'll be much lighter, of course. Find one that fits your stuff.

Steve Eaton uses a USPS Priority mailer...

usps mailer.JPG

Simply insert this between the right side of the cabin and the rudder cable. Works great. I put pencil, kneeboard, etc in it. Would easily accommodate a cell phone.

Randy

Attachments

• usps mailer.JPG
    usps mailer.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 924
F6C0F2D1-890D-4F44-86AD-648FE87847A7.jpeg
Eaton bought a lawn ornament to work on.

Attachments

• F6C0F2D1-890D-4F44-86AD-648FE87847A7.jpeg
    F6C0F2D1-890D-4F44-86AD-648FE87847A7.jpeg
    346 KB · Views: 231
I use several different types of small zippered bags made for a bicycle, handle bar bags or seat post bags. They usually will have, beside the largest main pocket, several smaller partitions, which I find much handier then just everything dumped into one large pocket. They come with attach straps and/or velcro, and are just about perfect for our use.

I use them on my e bikes also, but actually have used them much longer in my aircraft!

IMG_6602.jpgIMG_6601.jpg

Not my design, but clip is better than wedging between left rudder cable and while the organizer may not be sexy and light, it is handy.

Attachments

• IMG_6602.jpg
    IMG_6602.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_6601.jpg
    IMG_6601.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 161
Back