• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA 14 Aileron

rkirk77

I am looking for the wing assembly and part number 42441 drawings (aileron drive) for a PA-14.

Anyone know where I can get the information?

I got this from the aileron drawing 42555. The dimensions I added are approximate. The bracket that the pushrod attaches to is narrower at the top vs the bottom. 1/2" vs 3/4" respectively. I got the dimensions from one that is already on the aileron, so exact measurements were difficult.

Ail hinge.jpg P1253642.jpg P1283645.jpg

Attachments

• Ail hinge.jpg
    Ail hinge.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 205
  • P1253642.jpg
    P1253642.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 172
  • P1283645.jpg
    P1283645.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Univair has the information you’re looking for. I know because they sent me a copy of the original PA14 wing blueprints.

Univair’s phone number is (888) 433-5433.

Ok, I got a kid on the line that was new to the job and finally talked to the manager and they only have the wing assembly drawing but not the individual drawing for 42441.

Paul, what blue prints are you referencing? Can you share them with us?

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

I don’t have that sub-drawing.

Did you ask Univair to look for both PA14 and PA12 aileron drawings? Either would suit your purpose since the 14 and 12 ailerons are identical.

I’m pretty sure that in order for Univair (or any OEM parts manufacturer) to sell “new” and “certified” airplane parts they have to have the official drawings. Otherwise how would they know if they are producing the parts correctly in accordance with the plane’s TCDS. How would the FAA know they were in compliance with its manufacturing regulations without drawings?

If you call Univair back, ask to speak to the owner about the drawings. He knows TONS of valuable information.

Good luck.

the rivet spacing is totally random on those... all hand drilled, and decided by the person drilling them...

you can get all the information needed from my pictures..(number of ribs etc...)

What is the drawing number for the leading edge bulkhead for a PA-12 / 14 (40391) ?

Last edited:
Back