• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Aero Classic pressure

astjp2

Utah/Alaska
Ok, I know this has been hashed before, what are you guys running for pressure in the 4 ply 8.50x6 smoothies? I used to run 12 psi in my 6 ply air trac’s but these 4 ply are so much lighter. Lots of info on the bushwheels but I have not ran across the smoothie aero classic. Tim

Ok, I know this has been hashed before, what are you guys running for pressure in the 4 ply 8.50x6 smoothies? I used to run 12 psi in my 6 ply air trac’s but these 4 ply are so much lighter. Lots of info on the bushwheels but I have not ran across the smoothie aero classic. Tim

I already told you the answer.

FWIW I run about 20 in my airtrac 850's on my light-ish 180.
Used to run 15 in my C150/150TD,
I think 15 would be ok for me now, as far as spinning the tire on the rim,
but it's a lot easier to push in & out of the hangar at 20.
In fact, hard to move is how I tell when it's time to top them off.

Thanks for the chart. I run 24 in the 8:00x4s, and 30 in the 6:00x6. Pressure in the J3 tires is critical if you like to hop on the brakes, but too high and the wheel will fail.

That chart is a max value and factory recommended values may differ. Given a daily increase in air temps and frequent T&G I'd expect them to rise. Bob's note on rim failure is something I'd not considered, especially with aged parts. When we ran 25x11x4's we'd tap and screw through the outside rim's hubcap holes into the tire bead to reduce slippage at low pressures.

Gary

Back