• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Rear stick seems short

There is no reason a stock cub with stock seats and sticks should have travel limitations. If you do your elevator cables,rigging are not correct. Correct your rigging before you start playing with your sticks. If you are modified or experimenting,play on.

There is no reason a stock cub with stock seats and sticks should have travel limitations. If you do your elevator cables,rigging are not correct. Correct your rigging before you start playing with your sticks. If you are modified or experimenting,play on.
I mentioned this exact issue to someone just the other day. Start with the elevator rigging and travel.

MD,
The stick did not have ANY travel limitations at all.( Though it certainly may have been possible to adjust some of the angle more rearward to some extent, but not sure how effective that may be: if you began to run out of travel because of hitting the seat at some unusual angle???
The limitation really was with the stick socket in a normal position: and seat fully AFT: for me to get my legs out in a comfortable position, it is so far forward to the stick itself, I simply found my back was arching off the seat back, which was no big deal on a 20 min Flight, but a major big deal on a 3/4 hr jaunt. This combined with the fact to reach out in that position; makes your head naturally looking into the bottom of the panel. Not straight out thru the center of the windshield. Another pretty uncomfortable position to have to pitch your head back against your neck to see out the windshield correctly. When I fish spotted for years, We welded tabs in so we could install a Cessna seat rails , then installed a C-206 fully articulated front seat, in to our Cub........ Huge difference.
So for me, obviously not for you, I find a standard Cub seat all the way back a very poor set up, with a standard Cub stick . ( Although I did fly lots of them, set up that way all my life.)
Simple as that: for all that enjoy the factory set up , I am all for that ( for you).
I like about a 4/5" offset from the stick socket, and we have achieved that. Much more comfortable set up; but obviously not for everyone. For most folks 6' and over , one flight and they would throw the standard stick under the bench. None of this applys to guys 5'6" flying with the 18 seat pulled all the way forward. That will work fine as well. Just experimenting with
an idea that turns out to be an interesting alternative to an old standard.
Good Luck & Safe Flights
E

Sent from my moto e5 go using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Last edited:
Back