• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Push to Talk Switch

It is a factory, '74 control wheel. I would like to run it down the inside of the control column, but apart from a cursory glance, I haven't been down that rabbit hole yet.

If not, a curly cord like the Bonanza.

It is a factory, '74 control wheel. I would like to run it down the inside of the control column, but apart from a cursory glance, I haven't been down that rabbit hole yet.

Been that route, curly cord it is.

Late model wheels had the wires inside the shaft. Those wheels had the yoke drilled to bring the wires out in the hollow at the center. It was open there where the flange of the shaft bolted to the yoke and the wires were routed into the shaft. The wires came out of the shaft through a small hole drilled at a spot to allow the shaft to move through the bearing with out the wire getting 'run over'. If you go that style, be aware that you'll need to pull the wires into the shaft any time you want to remove the shaft from the UHMW eyeball in the panel.

Web

Back