• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Mixture cable routing for Marvel MA-3SPA

fancypants

FOUNDER
IL
Finishing up the engine installation on my PA-18-95. I replaced the Stromberg with a Marvel 10-4252-2. I'm getting control cables routed in the engine compartment and realized I don't have a good reference for the mixture cable installation. The cable needs to be anchored somewhere on the right side of the engine compartment for right-to-left actuation. Anyone have photos to share? Parts manual is no help.

You can use 2 Adel clamps, one around the intake induction tube for the #1 cylinder, and one around the outside sheath of the mixture control cable.

Thanks guys. This is what I ended up doing. I had a spare steel bracket that's normally used to hold the rear baffling to the accessory case. Fits just right on the oil pan support stud, and offsets the clamp to better align the cable with the arc of the mixture control arm. I think the standard Adel I have on there now will work fine, but I'll replace it with an all-metal AN742 when the next Spruce order comes in.

Just tested on a ground run today - works as expected.

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1497.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 923
  • IMG_1549.jpg
    IMG_1549.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 919
Looking good. I hate Adel clamps to retain engine control cables. Have seen them slip over time. I use the steel clamps without cushion.

Back