Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acme black ops

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too
    Likes mike mcs repair liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m guessing the STC reads similar to the Catto STC. Step #1 Remove sticker.......

Post Thanks / Like
    I would imagine the FAA isn’t helpful at all as of lately.

https://www.facebook.com/17442527358...90028577/?vh=e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.SkupTech.com mike mcs repair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    I would imagine the FAA isn’t helpful at all as of lately.

https://www.facebook.com/17442527358...90028577/?vh=e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drop tests are the least of the torture induced on a fuselage....

loaded & turning in soft or tundra is what gets them....

Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening everyone. We definitely appreciate all of the positive feedback around our products. I see a lot of questions pertaining to certifications. We are currently in the process of gaining an STC and PMA for our BlackOps shocks, Stinger tailwheel suspension, and gear legs.

We’ve compiled all of the baseline drop test data from bungees, all of the drop test data for the BlackOps, Stinger and gear legs and are currently finishing up a lot of the “paperwork” portion. Our engineers and DER seem to think we are a month or so out. I tend to be more conservative and think it’ll be mid-fall of this year. We have a huge meeting tomorrow to review timelines, outstanding needs, etc. I can definitely post here tomorrow once I have a better idea of what we lack to finish up.

Long story short...we are very close to having an STC for three different products. If anyone has any questions whatsoever please don’t hesitate to reach out at 704-496-9022 ext 2. We’d love to speak with you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, wonder what the Ranger series is?

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve been pretty outspoken and critical of acme over the past few years. They’ve left a little bit of carnage in their wake on their way to developing a pretty solid product. And taking it a step further, seeking approval for use on certified aircraft, Considering the limited market and expense involved, no small feat!
    We need innovators. My hats off to you guys for your dedication, persistence and hard work
    Doug
    Thanks mike mcs repair thanked for this post
    Likes hangarmonkey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Black Ops on the front and the Acme stinger on the tail. Maybe along with my slats, adding those shocks were the single best up-grade I've made to my SQ. They're clean in flight and dampen extremely well. It's such a huge benefit to literally never bounce when landing on a rough strip or bank. And, I love that they don't seem to cause the airplane to "dart" if during a crosswind take off or, a rough roll out, they become unevenly loaded. I've heard other shocks can do that? Obviously, good technique will get you through with no shocks better that shocks will get you through with **** technique but, man..... my Acme shocks sure allow for some margin when the landings are on really rough terrain and there's no going around. I love them. I think people discuss performance a lot but, safety is a huge benefit in my humble opinion. Also, as pointed out above.... I like that if you ever had a blown seal, the spring will still get you outta there and home. I've heard of another pilot who had a different shock, landed (not even particularly hard) on a gravel island and one of his shocks failed. Lop sided and flat, he needed a new shock to be able to get his bird off that island. Sounded stressful as the river had a daily rise with melt water during the afternoon.....
    Thanks Steve Pierce thanked for this post
    Likes Steve Pierce, tedwaltman1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    With what Jeff S. mentioned on blowing a seal (Black Ops shock) and still being able to get home, would one still want/need to have safety cables?

Post Thanks / Like
    Still need safety cables to "save" you if your cabane-V fails, for instance.
    Likes Jeff S, mike mcs repair liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I suspected as much.