• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

I Hate to Have to Say It, but Unfortunately it Bears Reminding

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
Folks, there is a LOT of activity on the site right now with everybody sitting at home. Some of your cabin fever is coming out in the form of short tempered or down right unfriendly posts.

Please work at NOT taking offense to others posts, and tempering your own responses a bit when you feel offended.

Also, there have been some disparaging comments about China and other countries. I remind you that about 25% of our community is international, including some supporting members from China.

This is an incredible community of diverse people. I'm very proud and impressed with how we (myself and other moderators included) conduct ourselves 98% of the time. Your willingness to share your experiences, tricks, traps, etc with others is what makes this place what it is. Everybody has a role here.

Thanks for keeping this a great place for everybody.

sj

Was it Kirby's post that caused this: But George, you could tear up a kilt with a rubber bagpipe!

I was so offended that I decided I would ensure I had my pipes with me next time to serenade him personally and up close!!:p

Kidding aside, Thank you Steve! I know it helps me to get poked in the side on occasion to remember things don't need to be negative, and there are great things going on all over.

I have to say, it is great to know we have lots of overseas members. Heck, lots of great ideas come from all over the world, we owe China for one of the best pastimes and food getting of all: Gunpowder!!8)

I know you would hate to say it, but are you going to remind us not to cut our own hair?

IMG_1853.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1853.jpg
    IMG_1853.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,693
for once, this was completely off my radar and not my fault.

Chill out whoever this was!

Dave, good to see you are alive!!

I hope the recent demise of tourism has not left you without work for the summer.

Speaking of “just another Sunday”, I noticed we can share whiteboards, photos, videos etc with the zoom participants. Let that sink in....

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Speaking of “just another Sunday”, I noticed we can share whiteboards, photos, videos etc with the zoom participants. Let that sink in....

What ever that means:roll:

If you are going to spend all of your time figuring out the techy stuff, maybe I need to take your cub home with me to keep it occupied

You also may notice that the moderator has disabled that feature. Bill Rusk will be using it next Wednesday for his talk!

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Also, there have been some disparaging comments about China and other countries. I remind you that about 25% of our community is international, including some supporting members from China.

sj
My observations have been regardless of which country one is a member, regardless of each country's leaders politics and media sources, the aviators all speak the same language and most all are friendly members of our enormous aviation community. I have exchanged communications with many aviators both here and in private from all over the world. We all, for the most part are of one group without boundaries. If only our leaders could learn from us.
Have you any idea how welcome one feels when stepping off a plane in Moscow shortly after the end of the cold war when the security guard greats you by name, with a welcome and a hand shake? I shall never forget that friendship.

Quite true Pete.

I know Bob Guhr has a different memory of visiting his fathers homeland, but they unfortunately didn’t have any pilots waiting to welcome them back.

Every trip I take, despite the donkey my wife says I am, I have met and been cared for by cub owners, pilots, builders and aficionados.

I’m pretty sure I’ve got Tim Allen fooled, as he introduced me to a wonderful builder/pilot in Arkansas that fed me homegrown steaks, veggies and talked about airplanes before giving me the keys to a bungalow for the night. I don’t know another industry or connection that does that.

We’ve all said it and we will again. It’s all about the people.

You also may notice that the moderator has disabled that feature.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Haha! Well shoot. And here I was just going to help Denny dissect his nose up airflow trim on the whiteboard and show a couple photos from down Texarkana way. [emoji23]
But it’s a tough crowd here. [emoji23][emoji23]

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers...

I’m pretty sure I’ve got Tim Allen fooled, as he introduced me to a wonderful builder/pilot in Arkansas that fed me homegrown steaks, veggies and talked about airplanes before giving me the keys to a bungalow for the night.

That guy in Arkansas sounds a little like the Tiger King.....what else did he give you. [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know the Tiger King, but he built Mark Patey’s Carbon cub. Next time I’ll take more photos? Lol.

Back