• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-18 Throttle cable part number

STEEL

Hi,
I know there are a few knowledgeable people out there and need some help
Looking for the Aircraft Spruce part number for the throttle cable (push-pull cable) for an experimental PA-18.
Going to be running a Lycoming IO-320.
I see Univair sell a certified one at a certified price, looking for something more economical.
If I can use Spruce as putting together an order of other items and want to preferably have one parcel shipped to South Africa.

Thank you,
Neal.

if it were me and its not, but i wouldnt order a throttle cable until you actually need one, then take a old lawn mower cable or something and put in place the exact way you want it then measure. its like spark plug wires when you order a one all fits all and got 5 extra feet curled up and tie wraped hanging in there. unless you have the carb end thats trimable. back to your question the piper part number im coming up with is 12694-03. macfarlane is also good for making up exactly what you want with the ends you want. throttle cables like spark plug wires look nice when there the right length, no more no less than whats needed.

just wanted to add, get a nice cable, you dont need to go to the bank, but thats one thing its nice to have it work.

My cable number was U12694-002. On an 0360. So be careful what you order. Mine broke while flying and I ordered the wrong one. Had to wait 2 extra days while getting the correct one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back