• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Wag Aero vs Piper Heater box

Philly5G

England
I see the Wag Aero heater box has 3 connections: an inlet for the warm air from the Heat Shroud, one outlet to the cabin and another outlet to dump the warm air away from the cabin when the cabin heater/vent is switched off.

The Piper (PA-12) heater box has 4 "connections" an inlet for the warm air from the heat shroud, an inlet for cold air from a vent on the bottom of the lower cowl and an outlet to the cabin. Warm air is dumped away from the cabin when the heater is off, through a hole in the wall of the warm air inlet connection, which releases the warm air into the lower plenum area when the heater is off

Questions:

• Which box is recommended when either are choices?
  • Does anyone use the Piper heater box for fresh/unheated air?
  • How "warm" is the air from the heat shroud via the box?

I have an original PA-12 box and based on the feedback to this question will either:

• Connect it as per the Piper Parts book (although mount it to the firewall)
  • Modify it to just use 3 outlets as per the Wag Aero box
  • Buy a stainless steel Wag Aero box

I'm looking forward to the experiences and opinions :)

Thanks!!!

Use caution with Wag-Aero parts. Some are approved and some are not. They sell a lot of stuff to the experimental crowd. Sometimes it is difficult to determine whether the part they are selling is certificated for a particular airplane or not. Sometimes they imply that it is and it really isn't.

Use caution with Wag-Aero parts. Some are approved and some are not. They sell a lot of stuff to the experimental crowd. Sometimes it is difficult to determine whether the part they are selling is certificated for a particular airplane or not. Sometimes they imply that it is and it really isn't.

Thanks for this SkyWagon!! Any thoughts on the cold air connection stuff please? :)

Back