• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Shelter in place order

Local news says San Diego County deems gun stores essential.

The Second Amendment says nothing about the sales of weapons. It just speaks of keeping and bearing. Most of the current court adheres to the idea that you don't add words that are not there.

Seriously learning that my lifestyle is on the introvert side, though I am often not and introvert.

Our community stores have not quite locked down, but most tell you to call or email a list and it will be delivered or they will set it on the steps when you get there.

I have my own gas at the hangar, so no worry there. My work gloves, (heavy equipment operating gloves) have more dirt, grease and grime in them than any amount of washing might remove, so I don't worry here.

Stay safe everyone, we will make it through.

I've noticed a big difference in traffic as well as cars in parking here in St'Mary's MD . The other thing is that on the local news the reported case of infection rate per 24hrs is about 100 cases and increasing for the state. That's interesting the time here is 1731 :???: post change time for another time zone?

Pretty much the same here... snow, sunshine, rain, snow, wind, sunshine, etc... and then it's lunch time. It really hasn't changed our routine much... cows having calves, horses having foals, I'm in the paint booth or shop, unless something needs fed or helped. I just have to snicker when people can't stay home for a couple weeks without going to town.... if I didn't have to, I'd never go at all!
John

Here in Michigan folks are playing pretty "fast and loose" with the order.. The Governor had to come on today and state Golf Courses are NOT essential business.. :)

Alaskan docs are encouraging outdoor activities. Like they could keep anyone inside with sun and 40*.

The first Alaska death happened today in Anchorage. Stay well.

Alaskan docs are encouraging outdoor activities. Like they could keep anyone inside with sun and 40*.

The first Alaska death happened today in Anchorage. Stay well.

That just changed:

The other mandate, which will go into effect at 5 p.m. on March 28, requires that everybody in Alaska - except for those engaged in essential health care services, public government services, and essential business activities - must "remain at their place of residence and practice social distancing."

It starts with NO INTERSTATE travel unless essential, (defines essential as food gathering, medical or for assisting family with medical).

Getting serious here in Alaska, first death in the state to this.

On we go.

More walkers out today than I’ve seen since I moved here. You can go outdoors and maintain separation. I had a nice visit with neighbors yesterday from 6’. All good.

that just changed:

the other mandate, which will go into effect at 5 p.m. On march 28, requires that everybody in alaska - except for those engaged in essential health care services, public government services, and essential business activities - must "remain at their place of residence and practice social distancing."

it starts with no interstate travel unless essential, (defines essential as food gathering, medical or for assisting family with medical).

Getting serious here in alaska, first death in the state to this.

On we go.

"interstate"

I have an annual doctor's appointment in two weeks in TX but even without restrictions I'd be reluctant to fly there. I guess I need to talk to my doc about it. I doubt they'd allow me in the office without a quarantine period. Not all travel is elective. Interesting times.

Your Doc might be setup for Video conferencing the appointment, mine now is. No clue how they check vitals. Your blood work could be done locally.
My appointment for last week has been rescheduled for May. I did spend better part of an hour on the phone with a nurse going over me having a low grade of this virus.

My cardiologist appointment is a little different. I'm sure we'll come up with an alternate plan.

My insurer is promoting Teledoc for minor issues. That's a whole different thing. Haven't needed it yet.

If you are due for time on the treadmill as I call it, can that work and other tests be done locally, Ultrasounds and other labwork can be sent to him.

Telemetry download. That can be done locally as well, including from home, although not as detailed. I expect that will be the path taken.

Follow-up medical stuff has already taken a hit. I don't want to go to a doctor's office or hospital right now. Certainly not if a commercial flight is required to get there.

This is early data, but may have some validity. In NYC the shelter in place orders started about two weeks ago and got more restrictive a week ago. Previously cases were doubling every 2.5 days. Now that number is 4. Still not great and still absolute numbers that are swamping health care. But as pilots we can get information from trends. I hope this trend continues.

Remember, what you do today will probably show results in 2-3 weeks.

Great afternoon for a walk. It’s like a nuclear winter sci-fi movie out there. People are going to glow white from staying indoors.

New York is getting serious. An acquaintance living in NY can't get over the Champlain Bridge to work at Middlebury Airport. They would let him over if he was going on and not coming back. 4 of us re-arranged a/c in a big shared hangar yesterday. If any of us stopped for groceries on the way home the risk would have been far greater.

New York is getting serious. An acquaintance living in NY can't get over the Champlain Bridge to work at Middlebury Airport. They would let him over if he was going on and not coming back. 4 of us re-arranged a/c in a big shared hangar yesterday. If any of us stopped for groceries on the way home the risk would have been far greater.

Been fine over here. I'm still working full shifts with 100+ other people. Local watering hole has been sorta open at night, we only leave a few lights on. Most stores are open

Glenn

Nunavut remains the only jurisdiction in North America with zero confirmed cases. Not surprising, I guess, given that we have only 39,000 people in 25 isolated communities spread over 886,000 square miles.

Pretty much everything in our community has been cancelled. Only the police, health care workers, municipal services workers (water delivery, sewage pump-out and garbage pick-up), post office and grocery store workers are still on the job. My wife and I decided not to attend our part-time jobs (jail guards) because of the associated risks. So we're staying home, going to the grocery store and post office just once a week, going for drives (together) either on the snowmobile or in the truck, and getting some jobs done around the house.

We've been advised that, due to the circumstances, Search and Rescue might be delayed. This will be a factor in deciding if we will fly the PA-12 (on skis) down to our lake cabin 110-miles to the southeast. That trip already entails more than the usual degree of risk, so we might put it off, at least until the floats are on.

Too bad, because April is the best month for ski-flying at this latitude.

IMG_1968.JPG
By happenstance my hangar neighbor and I arrived at the airport at the same time yesterday.

Both of us flying to the same off island airport outside of Boston.

Our home airport was very quiet as was the airspace between the island and Boston.

My mission was a run with my daughter for her to pick up some essential supplies from her apartment in the city.

Lots of cars on US95 with New York tags headed north.

All of the electric road signs around Boston are asking those arriving from out of state to self quarantine for 14 days.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_1968.JPG
    IMG_1968.JPG
    440.3 KB · Views: 209
Here in Michigan folks are playing pretty "fast and loose" with the order.. The Governor had to come on today and state Golf Courses are NOT essential business.. :)

Idaho clarified that they are essential...Just have to maintain distance.

So non-essential travel is prohibited, but going to the golf course is OK.

Edit update: Most recent order version I could find takes out golf courses. 2 days ago they were OK, I guess now they aren't.

Last edited:
My TX club is open. Check in by phone. One rider per cart, load your own stuff. Leave flagsticks in (now legal.) Maintain personal distance. Pretty simple. Exercise and fresh air are important. Wish I was there, just not willing to get there.

always has been serious.

Idaho clarified that they are essential...Just have to maintain distance.

So non-essential travel is prohibited, but going to the golf course is OK.

Edit update: Most recent order version I could find takes out golf courses. 2 days ago they were OK, I guess now they aren't.

My crane work in Idaho is also on the "approved" list I understand. On my next job I'll have a new addition, my 2 gallon SolarShower bag, hanging off a sideboard, and a liquid soap dispenser in the tool box below. Can't hurt.

New York is getting serious. An acquaintance living in NY can't get over the Champlain Bridge to work at Middlebury Airport.

When was this? I was asked the same question mid week and I knew nothing about it. Flew over the bridge and there was no roadblocks or any sort of checkpoint.
Came through Whitehall as usual on Saturday to pick up my toolbox and nothing out of the ordinary there.

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers...

Bill Vincent said (2nd hand info) he couldn't get over the bridge. Maybe its signage on 9N before turning out to the bridge,

Last edited:
Back