• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Shelter in place order

Yeah.... Maybe Bill didn’t want to go to work that day.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

There has been an uptick of "people from away" coming into Maine, but no official action has been taken. Some have second homes here and are publicly being reminded to quarantine themselves for two weeks. BHB has had quite a bit of jet activity as people with the resources to do so are relocating.

Some of the island residents are quite concerned for their vulnerable elderly populations. There was an interesting incident on Vinalhaven over the weekend where some of the locals undertook a not unsubtle reminder to a suddenly relocated city dweller to stay at his home for a couple of weeks. The show of force is quite typical of island life, as those places are a law unto themselves and 98% of problems get dealt with strictly at the local level.

However, I suspect we may see more of that sort of activity before we pop out on the other side. Rhode Island really clamped down on the out of state traffic, which has riled up NY's governor. And so it goes.

Around here, there have been a few folks issued tickets (~$700) for walking... by themselves... in empty parks. Strange times we live in. But apparently the government declared the parks closed, so the police have been enforcing.

We've been advised that, due to the circumstances, Search and Rescue might be delayed.

SAR crews are on a 2-hour recall so as to avoid congregating at work when it's not necessary. So help should still come... possibly just not as fast as normal.

Local info in my community is that the building inspector went around to job sites with police in tow, shutting down any jobs with more than one person on the job. So two of the typical 3 man crew gets sent home.... Hope the accident rate doesn't go up with only one man working.

Local info in my community is that the building inspector went around to job sites with police in tow, shutting down any jobs with more than one person on the job. So two of the typical 3 man crew gets sent home.... Hope the accident rate doesn't go up with only one man working.

Shouldn't he have done this by himself?

Web

We have observed that even though the downtown is virtually empty with no traffic and no people, our entry-level bureaucrats with Parking Enforcement drive by every hour with the Camera Car looking for parking violations. It appears that the important, core functions of government are never to be re-directed, be it by Pandemic or Presidential election. Business as usual at Precinct 9 and Adam Schiff's office.

Last edited:
A man stuck at home,
2a54b20.jpg

Attachments

• 2a54b20.jpg
    2a54b20.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 256
90DB82B3-CFFE-4A65-975C-2BAEC93790C3.jpeg
Covid-19. Bring it on!

Attachments

• 90DB82B3-CFFE-4A65-975C-2BAEC93790C3.jpeg
    90DB82B3-CFFE-4A65-975C-2BAEC93790C3.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 287
Thanks jk, seriously, a darn good idea. I have one I think, and if I don't I know where to pick one up. Stylish and fairly effective to boot, plus also shows a little humor, in an otherwise pretty unfunny situation, always welcome. Better then my paint respirator mask I was cleaning up prior to my next grocery run. That is the best makeshift mask idea I've seen yet.

One of my business partners has used his time quite constructively to build a gigantic chandelier for his Camp -- entirely out of empty Crown bottles. Go figure.

One of my business partners has used his time quite constructively to build a gigantic chandelier for his Camp -- entirely out of empty Crown bottles. Go figure.
Will he still be able to hold the match to light the candles? ;-)

View attachment 47995
Covid-19. Bring it on!

And....done. I count 4 layers of fabric, fine weaved, so maybe more then a joke but also half way practical. This mask was expensive, but it came with a 1/2 gallon of whiskey. The smaller bottles didn't come with a big enough bag, so I was forced to buy the largest size, dang it. There was one scary moment at the state liqueur store, 1 of 3 hard booze outlets in my town, they were closed. Scary, of course because this was a clear precursor to the total breakdown of civilization, but a closer inspection of the closed sign told us only the one store was closed, at the other two it was business as usual. This is the first time I have ever bought the hard stuff except for the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years holidays, and then just one smaller bottle. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

I will keep this mask in a sealed zip loc bag in the car, and after I come out of the supermarket, put it back in there and then not use it again until I stick it in the microwave. I also just supplied my going to town car with a spray bottle of a bleach solution and a roll of paper towels, and plastic bags to put the used paper in. Plus my shop's box of disposable gloves. Like my underground Y2K bunker, (kidding) I will probably look back at this as being overkill, I hope.

Attachments

• IMG_20200407_102424767~2.jpg
    IMG_20200407_102424767~2.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 146
I'd give up one of Johnny Blacks or a Makers Mark for one of those masks.
I have not finished my most recent Tullibardine or Lagavulin yet so they stays.
But then I do have a dozen of those bags hanging on a cabinet door knob.

I guess since I can sew I need to make my own mask.

So, asking for someone else, of course....what should you do if you happen to find a couple unused N95 masks in a drawer? I mean, is there a bounty or potential of violence if one used one in public?

Wear this over the mask. Limits interaction>

Attachments

• bandana-tubular-zombie-nueva-proteccion-uv-D_NQ_NP_766425-MLC26246886164_102017-F.jpg
    bandana-tubular-zombie-nueva-proteccion-uv-D_NQ_NP_766425-MLC26246886164_102017-F.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 122
These restrictions are a pain, but they can keep you guys in the middle of the country ahead of the curve. We here in NY have half the cases in the whole US. Our current infection rate is about 2 per 1000 population. The total of the whole US WITH NY included is less than POINT 2, ten times less. NY, especially the city failed to heed the warnings coming from Italy and other places. The citidots continued to have large gatherings, weddings, cocktail parties etc. The numbskull Mayor was telling people to go see a broadway show about two weeks ago. All of a sudden the fertilizer hit the fan and the hospitals are overrun. Remember, what we do today affects what happens two to three weeks from now.

BTW, I’m not an alarmist but facts are facts. There’s a lot of people here so 2 out of a thousand translates to 37,000 cases in NY State today. Currently doubling every three days. Best two things you can do: avoid crowds and wash your hands.....and definitely go flying.....alone.

7 April 2020

731 dead in NYC alone

I guess it wasn't a hoax after all.

I am getting soft-brained. Tried to follow that, but missed - unless it was a Trumpian put-down.

The problem is still exponential growth. The numbrs, while still small, indicate growth rates of ten percent per day or more. That kind of growth rate is unsustainable. The Google has a neat calculator - I shall go find it - and start with yesterday's total measly 10,000 dead, 7% growth rate per day, and 7.5 billion humans as inputs.

Be right back.

Back. At that rate, it takes 183 days to kill every human being on the planet. That, of course, will not happen, but it does illustrate how rapidly this could become problematic beyond current imagination.

Back. At that rate, it takes 183 days to kill every human being on the planet. That, of course, will not happen, but it does illustrate how rapidly this could become problematic beyond current imagination.

no put down, when flu season hits in 2021, 2022, 2023, etc, what are we going to do? or is this just going to be the new normal. just a thought to myself. i wonder if free money machines on the corner of every block will work. someone tell me whats in store for the spring of 2021? just curious. or whats the name of next springs virus going to be? not being a smart a.s just wondering.

So each year the common flu has been pushing the best health care systems globally into battlefield triage conditions? I'm so uniformed, maybe it got by me, I don't know.

common flu isnt doing any pushing at all, medias got that taken care of. but whats going to be interesting is when the media starts pointing the finger in a little bit here. its coming.

Last edited:
Back